Well, I have done it.

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by LesAshmore, Oct 18, 2009.

1. LesAshmore

LesAshmore Read Only Funster

Just got back from NEC, After many questions and all answered to total satisfaction and numerous visits to different exhibitors we have ordered This one : -http://www.calderleisure.co.uk/cgi-bin/details.pl?v_vin=KLRLLP

Not this exact one but near enough.

Now, I just have to wait for about 12 weeks for it, GGGRRRRRRR.
    :cry::cry::Doh:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

That's a whole lot of accommodation for the money, or so it seems to me.

A link that will work:
    Recreational Vehicles in Scotland from Calder Leisure - Sales - Search Results

3. LesAshmore

I have no idea how they do it, But it is correct, When you look inside it is beautiful and the included "Extras" is also unbelievable.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

12 weeks! that will feel like a lifetime:BigGrin: Congratulations:thumb:

5. theresa

theresa Read Only Funster

wow it looks lovely , hope you enjoy it . you wait the time will drag now :Blush::Blush::Blush:

6. tink

tink Read Only Funster

:thumb:Congratulations you two,it looks a stunner but my how 12 weeks is going to drag:Wink: I am sure you are going to have some great times in it.

7. LesAshmore

Thanks All, Tink was going to call on way back today but ended up having to rush home.

Will try and pay a visit soon it has been toooooooo Long mate.:thumb:

8. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Many congratulations - sounds like you have the one you want and that 12 weeks will be forever or so it seems - good luck - I bet you will click on that web site many times before the 12 weeks is up.

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

well done more 5ers ,soon be the time for your fun to begin . there is alot of us out there, be coming out of every where now younever knew there were so many. give us a five, cheers alan.

10. tink

tink Read Only Funster

You are both welcome anytime,just ring to make sure we are around, like you say it's been to long ( must be 45 years can't be we ain't that old are we ) lets not let it get any longer:thumb: p.s you can talk to me about your new toy as much as you want I won't get bored honest, I was there myself not long ago:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Wink:
    See folks Funs not all about motor homes you can find long lost friends as well.:Smile:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  11. Wheelie

Wheelie Read Only Funster

We looked at those but decieded it was too expensive for our 1st 5er so we went for a secondhand xtreme lite bunk house instead, but i must admit they are awesome, 12 WEEKS god you will be pulling your hair out, we only have to wait 6 weeks and only 2 weeks have passed but seems like a lifetime, anyway happy 5 ing and you never know we may meet one day

Cheers

Neil and Jan

12. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

It *really* does look a serious way to go. You've got the luxury of an RV and the free transport of a caravan, the economy of towing a caravan and I suspect easer to drive than an RV or MH. More stable than a caravan, must be.

You're on a winner.

13. vwalan

vwalan Funster

sounds like brian will be next. get one with a placefor your bike in the back . if you want a bargain in need of lots work look on ebay couple good ones on 5th wheel trailers.cheers alan.

14. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Another slowcoach tugger to get stuck behind:Rofl1:hardhat

(ex tugger 20 0dd years lol)

15. carl65

carl65 Funster

looks great and high spec 12 weeks though will feel like tortue !!

16. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

While your racing off - burning fuel - we are keeping the lorries company and enjoying the scenery.

The one benefit is - if you get there first and we are going to the same place you can get the kettle boiling :thumb::thumb:

17. LesAshmore

I have a Motorhome that is only just over 12 months old and I am putting it in PX, I cannot believe it, It will be the first time I have bought anything and get a few grande back, Never mind it will do for a few rounds.

As for looking at the web site, No I will never click on the link to look at it,:Blush:

I have it as my Home page:-:Rofl1:

But I will say that all my years as a Motorhomer have been extremely enjoyable, I have had many laughs (And tears) I have seen many many things and I am not bored with it or been disgruntled in any way with it, I have a fantastic MH and one that I was not thinking of changing, What has made me look is that I am not getting any younger and I cannot cycle as far now as the knees are getting a bit old and my wife's right one is about shot and we like to look around and see sights and visit out of the way places so I started investigating the Fiver and decided it was for us so Hey Presto.:BigGrin::BigGrin:

18. chaswb100

chaswb100 Read Only Funster

Welcome to Kountrylite Ownership - I hope you like & enjoy yours as much as we have in the 4 months we have had ours!!!

19. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

We looked at the KountryLite at the NEC and at previous shows around the country.

Not sure if they are right for us but they look SOOOOPER :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: My better half loves them but not sure I want to tow.

You will be so looking forward to it arriving.

20. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Trust me mate, it's a doddle!:thumb:

ffi and I , between selling our RV and buying the 5ver, had a twin axle for 12 months.
    Frankly, we HATED the towing experience. Considering we had a Kia Sorrento and twin axle Abbey Spectrum (supposedly one of the most stable set ups you can get!) we didn't enjoy the experience at all. OK, so it could have been our inexperience of towing caravans after 20 odd years of motorhomes, but even so, faaaaaar too much movement for our piece of mind, constantly worrying about snaking etc etc etc.
    You simply dont get that with the Kountrylite (or any 5ver). They run like they're on rails!
    This year on our holiday to the South of France, ffi' did far more driving than she's EVER done in any of our motorhomes or RV's, saying she felt far more confident towing the 5ver than she did driving our RV's.:thumb: