Well done safegaurd eventually (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Called Safegaurd today to inquire about the insurance for my new van that I'll be picking up in Germany. I explained to the guy on the other end what i was looking for and he explained the cover available, while explaining the cover he said numerous time how I would be cover to drive home anywhere in England. I asked him if the only covered England and not the UK and he didn't understand what I meant. After politely telling him I don't live in England and I live in Scotland he then told me he wasn't sure if they cover outside England, i asked him a couple of time if he meant the UK I honestly don't think he had a clue what I meant. Anyway he came back and said yes we do cover Scotland, while I could have told you that as your company is a UK company.

After this was sorted out he then went on to tell me what they could offer.

I am covered with the dealer to get me to the port and Safegaurd will cover me fully comp from there to home in Scotland, they will also cover me fully comp for any work or accessories I need to get done IE: fit alarm, solar panel, awning. This cover will last for 30 days to give me time to get MH reg'd at a cost of £380 per annum and covers anywhere wait for it in England, I politely told him I was getting fed up of this and as he is giving me false information while telling me the terms and conditions of the policy. He still didn't see the difference so after I spoke to his supervisor and asked him to listen to the call he came back 5 mins later with a new price of £330 for the full UK in the first 30 days or when I get van reg'd whatever comes first. After this the policy converts to normal T&C's

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Called Safegaurd today to inquire about the insurance for my new van that I'll be picking up in Germany. I explained to the guy on the other end what i was looking for and he explained the cover available, while explaining the cover he said numerous time how I would be cover to drive home anywhere in England. I asked him if the only covered England and not the UK and he didn't understand what I meant. After politely telling him I don't live in England and I live in Scotland he then told me he wasn't sure if they cover outside England, i asked him a couple of time if he meant the UK I honestly don't think he had a clue what I meant. Anyway he came back and said yes we do cover Scotland, while I could have told you that as your company is a UK company.

After this was sorted out he then went on to tell me what they could offer.

I am covered with the dealer to get me to the port and Safegaurd will cover me fully comp from there to home in Scotland, they will also cover me fully comp for any work or accessories I need to get done IE: fit alarm, solar panel, awning. This cover will last for 30 days to give me time to get MH reg'd at a cost of £380 per annum and covers anywhere wait for it in England, I politely told him I was getting fed up of this and as he is giving me false information while telling me the terms and conditions of the policy. He still didn't see the difference so after I spoke to his supervisor and asked him to listen to the call he came back 5 mins later with a new price of £330 for the full UK in the first 30 days or when I get van reg'd whatever comes first. After this the policy converts to normal T&C's
Many people on Fun swear by Safeguard, I was with them for 4 years as I liked the underwriter, Allianz. When I asked for a quote for my new van the young lady I was talking to didn't appear to have much of a clue about the detail which I put down to inexperience but the quote was way over the top so I declined. Moving to another insurer when Safeguard (not Allianz) only gives 4 years no claims is an experience. Luckily I had the originals of an earlier policy which proved my maximum no claims. We've moved to the Caravan Club now through Devitts, not all that thrilled as they appear rather inflexible, but hey it's the Caravan Club so what did I expect.;)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have been with safegaurd for 6 years until I sold the old van in July, not really had an issue with them and find them to be one for the cheapest for like for like policy, this is the only issue I've had and i genuinely think he just didn't have a clue what i was getting at.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I have been with safegaurd for 6 years until I sold the old van in July, not really had an issue with them and find them to be one for the cheapest for like for like policy, this is the only issue I've had and i genuinely think he just didn't have a clue what i was getting at.
Imagine if you'd said Great Britain, you'd still be awaiting a quote:xrofl:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Gerry, think yourself lucky. If Alex Salmond had got his way on Devolution, you might have been in queer street regarding your UK domiciled address for insurance purposes. :xeek:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Its down to the untrained front of house staff safeguard let loose on the general public..its not the lads fault they are not trained properly. could be worse, you try and get some sense out of dvla front of house staff. they get a gold medal for incompatible:)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Yes we do expect Safeguard to teach their staff that Scotland is part of the United Kingdom which includes England. Best not to mention Wales or Northern Ireland, they come into the second years seminar.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Surely they should know the difference between Emgland an the uk without training. The lad was English after all not some foreigner

Reactions: f6c

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Its down to the untrained front of house staff safeguard let loose on the general public..its not the lads fault they are not trained properly. could be worse, you try and get some sense out of dvla front of house staff. they get a gold medal for incompatible:)
Incompetence surely ... :rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
did i say that?..spell checker? thats my excuse and sticking with it sweety...
Thank goodness the 'spell checker' didn't cock-up there Judgey ... I could have ended up being called 'sweaty'!!! :xrofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back