Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
On our way back from our holiday down Devon way we thought we would call in to NT Wimpole Hall in Cambridgeshire. We got there quite early but even the (grass) overflow car park was quite full.

We were pleased to see the NT had thought about where motorhomers were going to park, they had coned off a decent sized slab of car park just for us!

parking.jpg

Paul

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Nice sentiment...but think about it.
It's for their benefit long before yours.

Tarmac parking or grass parking.....If it was your property and you had to maintain it where would you rather have motorhomes parked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
On our way back from our holiday down Devon way we thought we would call in to NT Wimpole Hall in Cambridgeshire. We got there quite early but even the (grass) overflow car park was quite full.

We were pleased to see the NT had thought about where motorhomers were going to park, they had coned off a decent sized slab of car park just for us!

View attachment 111343

Paul
Hmm.... Might have to start carrying one of those in the van :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Good lord ,Nat.trust do something good for us and all we can do is criticise their efforts . Come on chaps say something nice ..
I did say "Nice to see" Roy :D

Over the last 9 years, though, I have contacted the NT on a number of occasions about adding motorhome parking details to their web site. Each time they have said that they will "encourage" (not just ask) their site managers to add a short note to the Facilities & Access page, something which would take only a few minutes. I think three have done so to date, implying that the rest of the managers can't be bothered.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I did say "Nice to see" Roy :D

Over the last 9 years, though, I have contacted the NT on a number of occasions about adding motorhome parking details to their web site. Each time they have said that they will "encourage" (not just ask) their site managers to add a short note to the Facilities & Access page, something which would take only a few minutes. I think three have done so to date, implying that the rest of the managers can't be bothered.
Ok Graham,I do agree it would help if the site managers were more forthcoming about motorhome parking ,but as usual that's going to take a lot of time.how ever this is the second Nat trust site to have motorhome parking only boards ,the other one that I know of is Hardwick Hall ..Roy

Reactions: GJH

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Yep ,me and Jo visit a lot of NT properties and that is a very welcome gesture .hope a lot of the other locations follow suite. Well done NT(y)
Brian & Jo

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Maybe motorhoming NT members should all contact the Trust's HQ and ask for parking info to be added. With enough people contacting them maybe they'll do something more positive than just encouraging managers to including the information.

Denise

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Noticed the reserved bays at Wimpole each time we have visited with grandkids over the last couple of months.
Pleased to see them but never seen them on any other sites.
Has been on Sundays when we visited by car but never seen anyone use them even though they are the nearest spot to the main entrance.
I fear it could be a use them or lose them decision at some point in admin's thinking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back