Well done Camptons.

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by zaskar, Apr 29, 2010.

1. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Last year, we insured our Kountrylite and Nav with Camptons but I was a bit miffed when the policy came back stating NO COMMUTING, after I specifically asked for it to be included.:Angry:

Policy is now due for renewal so, cos i was miffed, I fully intended to "shop round", even being prepared to pay more to have commuting included for what is after all, 15 grands worth of pickup!

First port pf call, Camptons, to see what it would be for this year and complain re commuting fiasco last year!

Result?

Massive appologies for slip up, commuting will be included for this years policy AND its 50 quid cheaper than last year!!!!!!!:Eeek::BigGrin:

Thats the first time my insurance renewal has EVER gone down when I've stuck with the same company!

Well done Camptons, looks like you've retained a customer.:thumb:

2. madbluemad

madbluemad

Dont you get a kick out of getting a result.

Jim
    :thumb:

3. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Tell you what's an even bigger kick.:BigGrin:
    Wifey, being the wonderfull, wonderfull spendthrift that she is, has, over the course of the year, managed to save more than DOUBLE the policy premium in a seperate little account!:Rofl1::thumb:

I can feel a candle lit dinner coming on this w/e.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  4. spiritsfree

spiritsfree Read Only Funster

Well done you :thumb:

I had to change mine this year as Saga showed themselves to be inadequate in all areas.:Angry:
    New motorhome=change documentation= £371-28:BigGrin:

Confirm details="sorry will have to refer it" !!..and must have a tracker !!:Doh:

2 weeks on still no quote despite agreeing to tracker !!:shout:

Day before collection= £840-00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Angry::Angry:

15 minute phone call to other Companies=Half the Sagaprice...and didn`t need a tracker.:thumb:

Complaint to Sagaafter spending a lot on a tracker when not needed="Sorry we gave you false information and it`s totally our error " but we`ll only offer you £350-00..you`ll have to stand the rest" !!!!!:Angry::Angry::RollEyes:

End result= I will NEVER go near Saga again...they couldn`t run a bath :Angry::Doh:

5. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

Z
    I'm still with Camptons and mine dropped £120 last month and now includes 365 days Euroean travel, btw always included commuting.
    JK

6. LesAshmore

LesAshmore Read Only Funster

Don't know if it is in comparison but here goes.

I always insure for Me, wife, two kids to drive pick up, Campton's would not do that at all so I shopped around, I insured Pickup for all above to drive Fully Comp £280.76.
    Phoned park Insurance services and insured Fiver New for Old for £299. When I initially phoned I was told just over £300 but when all details taken for actual policy down to £299 and £50 excess.

365 days Europe included

No idea how it compares but I am well chuffed.

:thumb:

7. davidjones

davidjones Read Only Funster

Camptons

I've been with Camptons since we got our Kountrylite and use the Navara to commute a short distance and as a second 'car' so I was troubled to read about the no commuting. Glad it's sorted out especially as I've renewed with Camptons with a lower premium than last time. :Smile: