Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Hi about to pick up a low mileage 76 anyone have any tips things to look out for or just general experiences.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Think yours will have the folding shower screen that ours has. A total nightmare! Or perhaps a previous owner has adapted it to be secure. If they haven't I am sure you will have to find a way to secure it otherwise you may find it bouncing off its runners when you hit a pothole or have to brake heavier than planned. See pic that kindly Mel sent me to show his adaptation.

Steve

Attachments

• shower strap.jpg
    shower strap.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Steve I will look out for that one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We have just picked up our new Bessacarr today, the 76 we had is at Glossop Caravans 14'ooo miles a good van we just thought the new van will suit us better on layout and garage, but the 76 never gave us trouble except for the fridge but that was fixed, the nearest Chausson dealers to you are eem bee at Bury, hope you find what you want. Pete

Ps we had no probs with the shower door :thumb:

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi
We have just picked up our new Bessacarr today, the 76 we had is at Glossop Caravans 14'ooo miles a good van we just thought the new van will suit us better on layout and garage, but the 76 never gave us trouble except for the fridge but that was fixed, the nearest Chausson dealers to you are eem bee at Bury, hope you find what you want. Pete

Ps we had no probs with the shower door :thumb:

We have had loads of problems with our Welcome 64 so much so that we are exchanging it Friday for a new Rapido ok we are losing money on the deal but better than losing your mind!
Shower door fell to pieces, my foot went through the shower tray and eight other problems all on our first trip in it. Mind you that will be it I expect so anyone buying it after us will probably get trouble free motoring.:cry:

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you Peter that is good to know. A friend of ours has had an Allegro 83 for several years now without any real problems. It does seem the shower maybe an issue but as we would be more likely to use site showers it is less of a concern.

If anyone has any other experiences that us newbies should look out for please get in contact.:thumb:

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Hi greygit shame you had some problems were they all to do with the shower? :Sad:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
If its any help, we have a Welcome 35 which we have had from new for 2 1/2 years.
The only problems to date have been a failed Webasto ECU and a Thetford fridge 12v heating element.

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi greygit shame you had some problems were they all to do with the shower? :Sad:

Regrettable no the following is the list I gave to the dealer, who I might add did it in a week to our satisfaction

· Shower tray defective
· Shower door extension panel has fallen off
· Shower runner on ceiling defective
· Creaky toilet (sit on it)
· Toilet skylight handle falls off
· Netting on front skylight has drooped
· Left-hand garage door lower lock inoperative
· various blankers missing; brown inside and white outside.
· Shower head attachment bar loose
· Step handle loose
Unfortunately when we got home from the dealers and started to load up the van to go away we found the diesel heating no longer worked and that was the last straw!:shout:

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks JonandShell that is good to know. It does seem any problems are fairly limited and it's reassuring that so far nothing too major.:thumb:

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Regrettable no the following is the list I gave to the dealer, who I might add did it in a week to our satisfaction

· Shower tray defective
· Shower door extension panel has fallen off
· Shower runner on ceiling defective
· Creaky toilet (sit on it)
· Toilet skylight handle falls off
· Netting on front skylight has drooped
· Left-hand garage door lower lock inoperative
· various blankers missing; brown inside and white outside.
· Shower head attachment bar loose
· Step handle loose
Unfortunately when we got home from the dealers and started to load up the van to go away we found the diesel heating no longer worked and that was the last straw!:shout:

Well I guess the take home message here is that make sure you present all problems to the dealer and get them rectified.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Had my Welcome 85 new from May 2007.

Very few faults and no problems at all with installed equipment apart from roof fan that was replaced, no quibble, by Highbridge the supplying dealer.

There was water ingress from a failed seal between roof and side wall when the moho was 4 years old which was quickly fixed (6 days from initial phone call) by Highbridge, a first class dealer.
From my experience with Chaussons I would recommend the marque. The more recent models appear even more attractive than ever.

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Had my Welcome 85 new from May 2007.

Very few faults and no problems at all with installed equipment apart from roof fan that was replaced, no quibble, by Highbridge the supplying dealer.

There was water ingress from a failed seal between roof and side wall when the moho was 4 years old which was quickly fixed (6 days from initial phone call) by Highbridge, a first class dealer.
From my experience with Chaussons I would recommend the marque. The more recent models appear even more attractive than ever.

We did look at the 85 and nice van but opted for 2010 Welcome 76 based on layout preferences. Thank you for your experiences with the marque. Balance seems to be in favour - I hope! :Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You should take up any Webasto issues with a Webasto service agent.
Motorhome dealers, as usual won't have a bloody clue!

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
We bought our Welcome 76 new two years ago and are very pleased with it. Have had no problems with the shower door but that may be either because we use the onsite facilities our the door is a curved one on runners and not the folding one that has caused problems to other owners. Some of the things that have gone wrong with other peoples vans appear to be things like heating and fridges which could go wrong on any make of van. When it's time to change we would certainly consider another Chausson. The storage in the 76 is excellent, we have never used all the lockers yet.

All the best
Les

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
We bought our Welcome 76 new two years ago and are very pleased with it. Have had no problems with the shower door but that may be either because we use the onsite facilities our the door is a curved one on runners and not the folding one that has caused problems to other owners. Some of the things that have gone wrong with other peoples vans appear to be things like heating and fridges which could go wrong on any make of van. When it's time to change we would certainly consider another Chausson. The storage in the 76 is excellent, we have never used all the lockers yet.

All the best
Les

That's good to know Les thanks for the post. Seems a vote for Chausson.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back