Weirdest problem ever! (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Sat in the motorhome doing some work, and enjoying a cold beer, a strange noise starts coming from the control panel over the door! It sounds like an electrical arc.
I get out the toolkit, and remove the panel, but the sound persists! Well at least I have ruled that out. So I strip out the wooden box section over the door, all the wiring in there looks fine. So I put it back together. I am running out of options, so I shutdown the sargent and unhooked, but still the sound persists!

Finally as a last resort, since it is sunny today, I wonder about the wiring to the solar panel, which is just above there on the roof. I go and get a ladder, when I spotted the problem, I nearly fell off the ladder I was laughing so much. There was a tiny pin prick sized hole in the sealant that holds down one of the cosmetic roof edgings, water is pooled over the hole, and since it is getting warmer, there is a jet of bubbles making the sound!

I tried to put a recording on here, but mp3 files aren't allowed.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
well found, but for every bubble coming up there will be a drop of water going somewhere else (inside?) :(

hopefully not (y)

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
well found, but for every bubble coming up there will be a drop of water going somewhere else (inside?) :(

hopefully not (y)
Luckily it is only cosmetic, it will go underneath, and then find its way out lower down where it joins the side. The actual roof join is hidden away underneath.
Nevertheless, when it is dry, I shall reseal it, because the noise is very annoying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back