LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everybody I have recently joined this group and am in the process of getting a motor home.

I recently put a deposit on a motorhome in Wales at a dealership, I'm in Southampton; I went to see it and thought it was a good buy. I did not do a full check as I was hopping to get a professional company to do that for me, knowing little or nothing about these things. I was recommended the Motorhome & Caravan Inspectorate Counsel (MACIC), I checked what they inspected and found it to be very comprehensive. When i checked their t&c it stated only vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes although some exceptions can be made to this rule. I have emailed them to see if they will check my Autotrail 840D 5000 tonne, if they reply no, does anyone know of a company that does these checks for vehicles of over 3.5 tonnes. Many Thanks Tony

PAGR

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2013
Camberley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
I had my Arapaho, also 5ton, inspected before purchase by them a couple of years ago. I don't recall any mention at the time of any weight restriction. Very comprehensive and thorough but, the guy who did mine was really a car inspector and was just working from a tick sheet.
No problem really, but not quite as expected.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have a google for mobile motorhome service engineers in, or near, the relevant area in wales.
Just looked around southampton and there are a few....but obviously you need one near the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Depending where it is in wales, Mark at CLS (central leisure services) may be able to help.
He only works a radius of 30 miles from Nuneaton but has been known to go further with a negotiation on travel costs.
Many members here can recommend him.

Mark McEwan

8 Cornish Close
Ansley Common
Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 0XU U.K

Phone:
Office 024 7639 3485
Mobile 07899 801523

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Yes their inspection list PAGR, is very comprehensive and it looks thorough so if they can do it, then I will go with them but if not I will contact Pappajohns chap to see if he will go the distance.
I must say you chaps are really good I was not expecting a reply quite so quick.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back