Weight a Problem

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Brakers, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Brakers

Brakers Funster Life Member

Hi Everybody I have recently joined this group and am in the process of getting a motor home.

I recently put a deposit on a motorhome in Wales at a dealership, I'm in Southampton; I went to see it and thought it was a good buy. I did not do a full check as I was hopping to get a professional company to do that for me, knowing little or nothing about these things. I was recommended the Motorhome & Caravan Inspectorate Counsel (MACIC), I checked what they inspected and found it to be very comprehensive. When i checked their t&c it stated only vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes although some exceptions can be made to this rule. I have emailed them to see if they will check my Autotrail 840D 5000 tonne, if they reply no, does anyone know of a company that does these checks for vehicles of over 3.5 tonnes. Many Thanks Tony

2. PAGR

PAGR Funster Life Member

I had my Arapaho, also 5ton, inspected before purchase by them a couple of years ago. I don't recall any mention at the time of any weight restriction. Very comprehensive and thorough but, the guy who did mine was really a car inspector and was just working from a tick sheet.
    No problem really, but not quite as expected.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Have a google for mobile motorhome service engineers in, or near, the relevant area in wales.
    Just looked around southampton and there are a few....but obviously you need one near the van.

4. pappajohn

Depending where it is in wales, Mark at CLS (central leisure services) may be able to help.
    He only works a radius of 30 miles from Nuneaton but has been known to go further with a negotiation on travel costs.
    Many members here can recommend him.

Mark McEwan

8 Cornish Close
    Ansley Common
    Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 0XU U.K

Phone:
    Office 024 7639 3485
    Mobile 07899 801523

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brakers

Brakers Funster Life Member

Yes their inspection list PAGR, is very comprehensive and it looks thorough so if they can do it, then I will go with them but if not I will contact Pappajohns chap to see if he will go the distance.
    I must say you chaps are really good I was not expecting a reply quite so quick.
    Thanks

6. pappajohn

One of the many great aspects of MotorhomFun.
    You never have to wait hours, or sometimes days, for a reply like many other forums.

• Like Like x 1