Weighbridge in South Wales (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Does anybody know of a good (and preferably not too dear) weighbridge in South East Wales or thereabouts? Have just changed to a 3.5 ton Bailey Autograph 745 from a 4.25 ton Swift Bolero 724FB and have found cutting down on the gumpf we carry quite hard, so I wouldn't mind betting we're over 3.5 ton when fully laden. I tried the government 'find a weighbridge' website but it was useless.

OP
OP
South_Wales_Lady
Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Pontyclun - 12 miles outside Cardiff, midway point between Bridgend, Cardiff and Pontypridd. Newport about 20 miles, Swansea about 40, Bristol 50 or so.

OP
OP
South_Wales_Lady
Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Cardiff one looks good, have rung them and left a message asking for more info on appointments\costs etc. Thanks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Bit of lateral thinking...
Think of, Sand & Gravel , Scrap metal, Timber supplies, Agricultural Feed merchants Builders supplies etc.
Look in Yell (online Yellow Pages) Ring them up and ask if they have a weighbridge and if they don't , Do they know where there is one?
I did this and came up with a list of four or five around here in N. Cumbria and was able to drive the MH fully laden to three of them using just a couple of litres of diesel between them. They all (suprisingly?) gave the same weight

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
South_Wales_Lady
Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Excellent replies, thanks all. I think I'll try a couple, I've heard some of these bridges can be a bit unreliable?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back