LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Having bought our Burstner in mid-December, in her infinite wisdom, Madam has decreed that we will travel down to deepest, darkest, Devon to perform our first shakedown test this weekend.

Said shakedown has been a little delayed because we had to return the vehicle to the dealer for a minor issue to be rectified. As it's now been a while since the initial handover, it may be interesting trying to remember how to work stuff (first German van). ;)

If, by chance, anyone happens to be staying around here at the same time, please feel free to come over, point and laugh at us! :)

http://moorviewtouringpark.co.uk/

Wish us luck, we'll be needing it! :doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
it may be interesting trying to remember how to work stuff (first German van). ;)

Fancy buying German rubbish, lost your marbles. Whatever you do don't go too far east or the next thing you know you'll be in Poland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Good luck.

Being a German van, bear in mind you no longer need to queue in traffic.

Just drive straight to ze front.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Devon...Hedges...Conceal STONE Walls......... Enjoy.:ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Happy travels, where in Devon are you going.

OP
OP
RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Fancy buying German rubbish, lost your marbles. Whatever you do don't go too far east or the next thing you know you'll be in Poland.

Cindy claims distant Germanic heritage (nothing to boast about these days) based on some ancestral name in her lineage, so its in her genes. She can therefore be scapegoat for both the Fatherland inspired purchase and any future invasion of Poland we may then unwittingly be party to.

Good luck.

Being a German van, bear in mind you no longer need to queue in traffic.

Just drive straight to ze front.

I'll remember these wise words, especially on the M4/M5 interchange later this afternoon... Achtung! Aus dem weg!

Happy travels, where in Devon are you going.

Somewhere near Modbury / California Cross I think? The weibliche Führer made the booking, I'm just following orders.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why did you book ?

Someone nearby would have put a towel down for you

I wonder if he's found the secret compartment where a stash of extra large towels, emblazoned with "BURSTNER Über Alles." are stored. In the next compartment are the biohazard tongs for removing towels left by the lesser races.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Good place to chill out, But Rain is forecast tonight However SHOULD! clear up tomorrow.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I would stay first night in the garden to find out WHAT you haven't got with you. Saves going and buying it from somewhere when you actually realise it is not present on board for trip.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Come to Sunny Deb,n, where it rains six days out of seven..............and on Sundays it pisses down...............

Never you mind 'bout the weather moi 'ansome....tiz proper job when the suns out.

The Tincas

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Come to Sunny Deb,n, where it rains six days out of seven..............and on Sundays it pisses down...............

Never you mind 'bout the weather moi 'ansome....tiz proper job when the suns out.

The Tincas
I believe that day is scheduled to be 15th June this year.:whistle:

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Have a great time ....the weather cannot matter when travelling in the UK..... it's nice to lie in bed and hear the rain on the roof :D You'll have a great time:clap2:.....my experience of German stuff is excellent :)...we had an Eriba caravan built by Hymer, for years ...we sold it for almost as much as we paid for it after 6 years use...excellent design.

OP
OP
RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
It did indeed rain some last night. However, the morning has brought with it the sun!

Only challenges to report so far being :-

1) I forgot about the automatic boiler protection dump valve thing when attempting to setup. Must have tripped whilst sitting on the drive.
2) My having fallen victim to the open tec-tower door when exiting washroom as Madam was grilling sausages for brekky, resulting in a minor head collision which Madam found most amusing.
3) Madam has forgot/misplaced some key hose connection components.

Reactions: Pia

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Always something you haven't got or is needed and lost in the depths. I found my washroom door is around the wrong way and need a loads of quickstep type moves to get in from the front end and it hits the open cupboard doors jamming both open. I will sort it though.
By the way is it the 'Birkin Burstner' ????

OP
OP
RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Always something you haven't got or is needed and lost in the depths. I found my washroom door is around the wrong way and need a loads of quickstep type moves to get in from the front end and it hits the open cupboard doors jamming both open. I will sort it though.
By the way is it the 'Birkin Burstner' ????
You raise a very salient question, as the new to us MH has yet to be named. I guess I best consult Domestic Management on that topic...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back