Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
On another forum I belong to, one member is selling a van on Ebay and has received this message......

"Hello,
I'm interested with cash ready, I'll buy it if still available, I'm ready transfer you £1000 to reserve it! when and where can
I come collect? please e mail asap, please e mail mmm17300s@gmail.com as I have it on my BlackBerry® .
Regards, ---------------------------------------- Sent using BlackBerry® wireless device"

he knows it's a scam probably to get his bank details by offering to pay the deposit, so he replied to the scammer and is awaiting a reply. Meanwhile he's just received this message..

''MC139 Alert about a message from another eBay member

saying that (effectively) the account used to send the message had been hijacked.''

If you google the email address you will find another caravan seller had the same response which I show here..
Q: Hello, I'm interested with cash ready, I'll buy it if still available, I'm ready transfer you £1000 to reserve it! when and where can I come collect? please e mail asap, please e mail mmm17300s@gmail.com as I have it on my BlackBerry® . Regards, ---------------------------------------- Sent using BlackBerry® wireless device08-Mar-13A: hi caravan still available (although 2 people who have made offers are coming to view at weekend), if you're interested click 'buy it now' button, send deposit via paypal and we can arrange collection for this weekend if balance in cash is brought. The caravan is in Liverpool regards Derek

so the scammers work both ways, buying and selling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back