Oct 9, 2016
Blandford Forum
Funster No
MH
Geist Liberty Low Profile
Exp
since 2007
Just wondered if anyone as experience of Webbs in Warminster

Three days ago we took the trouble to visit their site, looked at two vans that suited our brief and discussed a pos px, they said they would value our MH and get back to us, still waiting

Don't know how long these things take but surely 3 days is enough time, kinda lost interest

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Several of my customers have bought their vans from Webbs and usually they are full of praise for the company

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
They didn't fill us with confidence when we visited just over 12 months ago.

We looked at an Autotrail Chieftain which was Filthy !!! and....they knew

we were coming !!

There were numerous faults with it which were obvious and they did say

everything would be put right but why display vans in that condition.

Didn't rate them at all yet friends of ours think they're the best thing

since sliced bread.

Time to trust your own instincts me thinks.;)

Regards.

John P(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I suspect the reason for the delay in making an offer on your van @Dorset wanderer , is because they are probably tring to off it through the trade before they get it..

Milk Tray Man

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2016
Gillingham, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Frankia I680BD
Exp
Since 2014
We use them for all our servicing, hab check etc and have found them to be consistently good at doing the work and importantly, sorting anything out that did not go quite to plan. Have no experience of buying from them but friend has and again good experience.

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
we p /x our motorhome with them last february and they was very helpful from start to finish.great handover and answered any questions that we had.all i can say is that in our dealings with them they were great and i would be more than happy to buy from them again.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
It seems that there are a few dealers that do not understand the concept of customer service. Despite leaving both a home and a mobile number with, 3A's of Carmarthen have still not got back to us with a quote for a circa £55,000 van and it will be three weeks tomorrow that we made the enquiry.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
i would move on if it were me as if they can't be bothered to let you know then think what they are going to be like on anything else after you have brought it.

Wide berth for sure

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I would personally give them the benefit of the doubt and ring them to remind them.

In the event of no response second time, walk away.

I only say this as, on one occasion, it happened to me with another dealer. When I rang them they apologised profusely that they had misplaced my contact details and gave me their quote there and then, so I believed them. In all other respects they were excellent. Anyone can make a mistake.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There are lots of dealers around who don't seem to clean out their used vans for display I suppose it costs them to do it and with people stomping around viewing them makes them worse,until someone is interested they don't do it. We noticed at Webbs that was the case but to be honest I have not heard a bad word about them we often visit to look around their stock they have a good reputation in Wiltshire.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When we bought our present motorhome from South Herefordshire Motorhome Centre, we were required to put on polythene overshoes before entering to look at it.

Immaculately presented, I didn't blame them!(y)

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
We've visited quite a few dealers and always found their stock to be clean and usually with plastic film on the floors/carpets. Very disappointed with our visit to Webbs, Reading last week. So many grubby MH's on display. They may look after their customers but, if they're not that bothered about what they display, I'm not going to risk it!

OP
OP
Dorset wanderer

Dorset wanderer

Free Member
Oct 9, 2016
Blandford Forum
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 2007
well finally on day 5 they contacted me and offered me 6K below market value, stating they need to buy competitive to ensure they cover their overheads and warrantees, they said they aim to put at least £5k on all the vans they sell, so I said I'd sell mine private and asked what discount I would get for cash, between £200- £500 was the answer, but I'd only get £500 if it was on a sticking van, My thought was my name is Tommy Tucker not Silly ....

OP
OP
Dorset wanderer

Dorset wanderer

Free Member
Oct 9, 2016
Blandford Forum
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 2007
We've visited quite a few dealers and always found their stock to be clean and usually with plastic film on the floors/carpets. Very disappointed with our visit to Webbs, Reading last week. So many grubby MH's on display. They may look after their customers but, if they're not that bothered about what they display, I'm not going to risk it!

Yes must say some of the vans we looked at weren't presented very well, grubby n bits missing or broken, its like they do nothing until hey sell and then only do the bits you spot.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Earlier this year I looked at a van at Highbridge. It was disgusting, smelt to high heaven, worn carpets, it was quite a new van that had had a very hard short life. When I commented on its condition, the salesman said that it was disgusting how some vans arrived. My thought was how can they sell a van in that condition. It does seem that they do not want to spend time and money sorting them out until they are certain of the sale. Cart before horse in my opinion.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Earlier this year I looked at a van at Highbridge. It was disgusting, smelt to high heaven, worn carpets, it was quite a new van that had had a very hard short life. When I commented on its condition, the salesman said that it was disgusting how some vans arrived. My thought was how can they sell a van in that condition. It does seem that they do not want to spend time and money sorting them out until they are certain of the sale. Cart before horse in my opinion.

Thats unusual for Highbridge, we bought both our vans from them and often look around the ones on display. The more expensive vans are kept locked but they have member of staff standing near them ready to open them up. I find hard to believe how much abuse some vans get! When we px ours it was like new and clean. I can only assume the one you saw had just come in.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The shocking state of most used motorhomes on forecourts is why we bought new after a couple of years looking. The smell in one was so bad we also ran out! One even had piles of autumn leaves on the floor in the summer :unsure: Can only think that the good ones sell straight away or privately. We were told many times that they would only be cleaned & repaired if sale agreed - can't imagine this working in any other business! There was just one dealership in Wales (might have been 3 A's) that had a team of cleaners sorting the ones traded in & checking those open to viewing which was what we thought they all would do. Also lost count of the times that we were promised quotes or information that never materialised :(

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
You will find you are offered less than the market price from a dealer so it depends on how quick and how much hassle you want if you sell privately. I sold to one dealer but as they did not have a van for me , I went to Webbs, after going to West Country in Swindon [ several vans were discusting including the one i had gone to look atso did not buy from there) . I found them very helpful , stock was clean and well presented and they had the van i wanted. It was serviced Mot'd and things sorted as needed. Hand over was exceptional and i would have no qualms in using them again

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Whwen I bought mine from Oaktree they had a seperate area fenced & gated out the back for the sold ones and those awaiting prep before going on sale in the display area at the front, that is the way it should be

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
The only thing now is, This is the wrong time of year to sell private. But we hope you do well

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
When we sold our caravan it was just before Xmas & collected Boxing Day week so no time is necessarily the wrong time to try to sell! The couple who bought it were taking it to Spain. If there are less others listed as "off season" it may actually give an advantage :)

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
Pt x my 2004 Rapido with Oaktree M/homes this year (July) all their used vans were well presented, all open to view, no pressure from the sales staff & a fair and prompt deal offered & accepted. Couple of niggling after sales issues which they did very well with. My new van (2010 Rapido) is great and I have now been fulltime in her since purchasing in July. As far as I'm concerned its a 'big Up' for Oaktree from me.

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Just had habitation service & damp check carried out by Webbs of Salisbury. Well impressed :happy:. £141 = VAT, appointment available the week after phoning, really helpful & polite staff, coffee, 3 hours start to finish. Can definitely recommend if you are from this part of the world. Will now never go back to original selling dealer in Southampton; :swear2:. Webbs also said they are happy to deal with any warranty issues that might arise even though they didn't supply the van. :happy::happy:
Chris

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Pt x my 2004 Rapido with Oaktree M/homes this year (July) all their used vans were well presented, all open to view, no pressure from the sales staff & a fair and prompt deal offered & accepted. Couple of niggling after sales issues which they did very well with. My new van (2010 Rapido) is great and I have now been fulltime in her since purchasing in July. As far as I'm concerned its a 'big Up' for Oaktree from me.
Got mine from Oaktree and were brilliant and the main thing is the aftersales are more than brilliant

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Got mine from Oaktree and were brilliant and the main thing is the aftersales are more than brilliant
Glad that you had a good experience - my experience was poles apart from this and wouldn't recommend them based on my experiences. But like I said, I'm pleased that you came away happy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back