La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Hi,

Just a Quicky...:)

Anyone had dealings good or bad with Webbs? Looking to buy Mohome from there if I get the deal I am asking. I never see anything about them on here so was wondering if any good?

Cheers

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
My family have used them over the years, parents, in laws and my self buying motorhomes from them. Found them to be very good, often pop in for advice or parts or just to browse potential future motorhomes. Its dealer prices so your paying a bit more. They have a good workshop to but again, its expensive. Haven't heard anything negative about them myself and my experience is positive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Never been to the Reading branch, but have purchased three vans from their Warminster branch. If I buy a fourth, they will be first on my list.

Upvote 0

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3 years ago we traded in our well used Burstner 748 for a Swift 622. They were very good on trade in and very good with the sale of the Swift to us. Would use them again.

Upvote 0

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Many of my customers who bought their vans from Webbs and I have not heard a bad word about them, which contrasts with other dealers that are often complained about.

Upvote 0

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
We nearly got one from them Jan this year (didn't fit on drive). They were very helpful and professional even though we didn't go with them

Upvote 0

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
We got our current Motorhome from Webb's in Warminster 8 months ago, very happy with everyone that was connected with the sale and service that we received from start to finish.

Dave

Upvote 0
Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
We bought our moho from Webbs Reading five years ago and their service has been excellent. Two years in we had a problem with the boiler and they replaced it free of charge. Being a dealer you pay extra for peace of mind but I would definately recommend them.

Upvote 0

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I got my Rapido from their Warminster branch. Had a few problems in the first year which they quickly sorted out. Would use them again

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Camping Gaza

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Thought I would update you re Webbs... I called them after some advice on a MoHo purchase and the possibility of part exchange... guy said ok we'll do it ill call you back later this afternoon... NOTHING! this is the second time I have had this from them even after visiting them and discussing purchase of new moho, again NOTHING! So I bought my new moho from another dealer instead.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thought I would update you re Webbs... I called them after some advice on a MoHo purchase and the possibility of part exchange... guy said ok we'll do it ill call you back later this afternoon... NOTHING! this is the second time I have had this from them even after visiting them and discussing purchase of new moho, again NOTHING! So I bought my new moho from another dealer instead.

Thats it vote with your feet as they say...
Send a pic of your new motorhome to the dealers MD just to "stick the knife in" ;)

Upvote 0

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016

Glad it wasn't just us. Been to Webbs on the A4 at Reading twice in the last five weeks, first time I was completely ignored so I left as I had work to do. The second time I had to track down a sales guy and corner him to ask about buying a new MH, he appeared to be more interested in his coffee cup than selling anything. He promised to get back to us with the answers to our questions but zilch, even rang to remind him a fortnight later.

Like you, we have also bought new from the neighbouring dealer.

Upvote 0

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
I bought my used Motorhome from the Reading branch last year. They have been very helpful right from the start. After service was excellent even though I had to go back to them several times . They were always put right. Would recommend them.

Upvote 0

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Glad it wasn't just us. Been to Webbs on the A4 at Reading twice in the last five weeks, first time I was completely ignored so I left as I had work to do. The second time I had to track down a sales guy and corner him to ask about buying a new MH, he appeared to be more interested in his coffee cup than selling anything. He promised to get back to us with the answers to our questions but zilch, even rang to remind him a fortnight later.

Like you, we have also bought new from the neighbouring dealer.
So you would rather be pressured by over zealous salesman....webbs are laid back but honest and genuine..

Upvote 0

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
So you would rather be pressured by over zealous salesman....webbs are laid back but honest and genuine..

Over the space of a month I visited twice and rang to remind them that they promised to get back to me.

On the basis that we were trying to spend somewhere in the region of £70k with them, how long do you suggest I should have waited before going elsewhere?

Upvote 0

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
Its your money to spend, if you are in that big a rush to spend it you will part company soon enough.

Its creeping towards winter why the mad push? Webbs offer v good value over their Adria Sun Living counterparts here in Scotland. Credit where credit is due.

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am surprised how often folk post answers which reveal they haven't actually read all the relevant posts first!

I understand Mr Camping Gazza has already bought a motorhome but not from Webbs.

JJ :cool:

Upvote 0

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Over the space of a month I visited twice and rang to remind them that they promised to get back to me.

On the basis that we were trying to spend somewhere in the region of £70k with them, how long do you suggest I should have waited before going elsewhere?
Speak to Marianne on the desk and tell her ,she normally kicks axrse ..lol

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back