Webasto fault code 10 overheating. (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
As we set off on Thurs I put the webasto heating on but around 15 min later I heard the fan cooling down noise come on. When I stopped 2hrs later I noticed the fault knob flashing 10 times.

Used the heating yesterday for about an hr and half and it seemed fine. Turned it on today again and after an hr its cut out again with the same 10 flash overheating code.

Can anyone tell me what I should be trying to do to fix this please.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
10X Flashes (F 10)
Overheating
Air flow
Wiring
Defective temp. limiter
Switch heater off and back on (see air flow)
Motor/fan obstruction, heating air flow blocked
Damaged or corroded wiring, open or short circuit
Replace temperature limiter

There is the list above. I would check all the air flow areas incase something is blocking them.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks John. Ive had a look at where the big thick airflow pipe is under the dinette table and it looks like the pipe air comes from a vent at the bottom of the table so im wondering if this is the airflow in and if its maybe being caused by the dog lying there or is this just rubbish?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thanks John. Ive had a look at where the big thick airflow pipe is under the dinette table and it looks like the pipe air comes from a vent at the bottom of the table so im wondering if this is the airflow in and if its maybe being caused by the dog lying there or is this just rubbish?

Also check under MH around the exhaust exit incase mud has partly blocked it.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Have you checked the return air duct at the unit. The rubber pipe sits on a very small flange. Mine fell off and the unit overheated, presumably because the return air stat thought the heater wasn't doing its job properly and kept it running.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

Yes! If the dog is obstructing the the heater air inlet duct, the heater will overheat!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks.
We moved the dog and it worked again. Now looking to make a wee guard to put over the vent.
It just shows how easily lessons can be learned and how much the £10 membership fee can save you on repair bills with the invaluable information received on here.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back