Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi
whats the weather like in your area?? how many days did you loose or have lost at work.:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

I had to close my factory for the first time in over twenty years due to the snow,it came down so hard and heavy last week we just couldnt cope,dug out compounds so forklifts could move but came in tuesday and there was at least 18" in its place.
so I decided to close Thursday & Friday.

I had 5 People and a forklift with a 1/2ton bucket shifting snow all day today ,got three piles of snow the size of double decker buses and the snow that was left melted today,by closing it was ice, before we left tonight couldnt get forklift inside,its like an ice rink. :Doh::Doh::Doh:I think this is the worst weather I can ever remember>> To top it all got a holiday booked ,snorkeling & beach holiday :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: fly out the 19th from teesside over christmas and new year ,Bloody Sharm el sheik :thumb::thumb: :Eeek::Eeek:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have seen much much worse in my 56 years.

But this has been bad enough:winky:

Have a great holiday BTW:winky:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Tuesday nights

Hi to give you an idea of how much came down in Durham have a look at tuesday nights snow fall:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi
what year was it this bad ? I'm 54 and cant think of a year the snow came down this quick and as heavy, or as cold?? Alan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not had a lot in scarborugh......6" or 7" in the last week or so but that doesnt stop the town closing down. :Angry: can no-one drive on snow round here ?

we do appear to have a micro climate around here though.

like a 10 mile exclusion zone, we can have rain and the rest of the coast is sunny or we have clear nights and the rest have heavy frost.

no time lost at work.

-5 last night yet 8 miles down the coast it was -11

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
As a boy in the 60s and 70s had big snow falls and in the early 80s I lived in a village just outside Dartford was 6ft deep for a week's and we were snowed in totally.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
As home carers we haven't been able to get to two old folk on our rounds both pretty high up because of the roads, ice and snow. Luckily family are with them so no problems. Been out in - 14 the other night ! Trying to keep going because they depend on us but very difficult conditions.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
it is snowing in dumfries just now but still only got an inch of it.

there was a big snow fall overnight in dumfries in 1996-95 i think it was over 2 feet deep and i walked 4 miles to work to be told it was closed for the day:ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Snow, Ice and now bloody sharks:RollEyes: You're not having much luck.
Hope you have a good holiday. Sounds like you need it:thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: fly out the 19th from teesside over christmas and new year ,Bloody Sharm el sheik :thumb::thumb: :Eeek::Eeek:[/QUOTE]

Oh dear, heard on the news tonight it's Sharm el shark!! no point in taking your snorkelling gear.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We had our fair share of snow but it didnt stop us going to work in it, self employed so no work, no pay. Enjoy your holiday, you'll be safe if you stay by the pool which is what I will be doing in 3 weeks :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Garage Fourcourt Tues/Wed, didnt lose a deal of work but the buggers wouldnt come to collect em when they were done
it went something like, is my car ready?
Is it the white one?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

snow21-12-10006.jpg

snow21-12-10005.jpg

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Sharme el shaik

Assuming Tees-side Airport hasn't shut down by then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This what happened to the last shark after it nicked me food:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I had it with some chips for me Tea. lol :>) and yes this is me on rope.

Alan

Last edited:

rickyd

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just bought our first motorhome. Dec 2010
Registered minus 20 degrees this mornng on the way to work in North Lincolnshire. Sprouts are now in crisis..will there be enough for the 25th!

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Folk in our village couldnt get out to go to work for most of last week.
I wasnt working anyway.

IFEEL CHEATED!!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We had half an inch of snow on Saturday but it melted straight away. Lowest temperature so far is only -2C, but we aren't complaining. For about 20 miles round about everything is normal, then we run into snow.

Rgds
Bill

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi
what year was it this bad ? I'm 54 and cant think of a year the snow came down this quick and as heavy, or as cold?? Alan

You have to remember that John is in the soft south & they haven't had the quantity of snow that we have, nor for the time duration that we have had to suffer the blasted stuff. :ROFLMAO:hardhat
Still thick & crisp & even here in Newcastle - same as Durham started to freeze again after a slight thaw. Forecast for more snow over the next couple of days - still not as bad as the poor beggars sleeping in their cars on the Scottish Motorways last night :Eeek:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi
whats the weather like in your area?? how many days did you loose or have lost at work.:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

The weather is terrible in Derbyshire, near Chesterfield. Snow was 20" deep last week, not much less now and frozen solid everywhere.

As for work - IT'S GREAT - our JCB's haven't been this busy for months! :winky:

Al

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
1982 springs to mind ! came down quick and stayed for weeks on end.

1982 I took my car for its MOT mk3 cortina, it failed so left it there to get sorted, 3 weeks later I got it back, when the snow started the put all the cars inside the garage, mine was the first in and the last out.

Nick

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
So True

You have to remember that John is in the soft south & they haven't had the quantity of snow that we have, nor for the time duration that we have had to suffer the blasted stuff. :ROFLMAO:hardhat
Still thick & crisp & even here in Newcastle - same as Durham started to freeze again after a slight thaw. Forecast for more snow over the next couple of days - still not as bad as the poor beggars sleeping in their cars on the Scottish Motorways last night :Eeek:
It was so deep ended up having five men dig yard out and then it snowed again Tuesday but not to deep ,trouble is where to put snow you have dug up tons of the stuff?? Also the Ice now has everything frozen ,so given up:Doh::Doh: Also used to stay on a few occasions near you when in the Army a long time ago Fenham Barracks . Oh what fun it was :thumb::thumb: Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back