We Start A New Mini Tour At Last... (1 Viewer)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
@Hymie I got up and watched the Olympics! Then went back to sleep!

Wish I could get into it Anthea, tried but got bored, laying there with the BT headphones on and the iPad shielded so as not to wake the Mrs as she has to go to work to pay my pension.

Tried my ASMR's on you tube, my old stalwart "Old Harry's Game", catch-up tv on most channels, music etc, watching the early planes come in to land at LCA, while constantly pooping back to fun to see if anyone had posted something new and interesting,

I'm hoping the Crohns will calm down soon and let me get some kip, I may lay on the windowsill and watch the grass grow this afternoon. :rofl:

Hymie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Man Plans... God Laughes.

After a few false starts, we finally get away around 3.30ish today, Tuesday, August 9th.

A new adventure begins.

After pounding the tarmac remorselessly for 55 kms (only stopping for a rest once), my highly tuned, off-site, freeloading antenna started twitching and we have pulled up just outside Lisle-sur-Tarn.
JJ and Frankie :cool:
I think you could be a trend setter here JJ.......His and Hers motorhomes.;)(y)
Should I dare ask for a list from the masses of the advantages and disadvantages of having his and her motorhome's to travel in together.......(y):D

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Have a great time both ..you deserve it ..between uninvited folk and and all that grass clearing at QMJ it is now time for some relaxing moments

John, Kath n Tom xx

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Whilst I don't wish to meddle with your head JJ just remember that as you tarry with the lovely Frankie the gras is growing back at QMJ.

You may want to work on the mowing muscles as you wile away the days.

Taxi, :imoutahere:

Reactions: JJ
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hope you both have a lovely time - looking forward to the posts! :giggle:

Sorry Ger I missed your post yesterday!! Not ignoring you if you wondered !!

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I think you could be a trend setter here JJ.......His and Hers motorhomes.;)(y)
Should I dare ask for a list from the masses of the advantages and disadvantages of having his and her motorhome's to travel in together.......(y):D

I listen to the radio through the night and snore...

Max (Frankie's Hymer Camp 51) is kept absolutely spotless inside and is rather cramped for a big, fat bloke who isn't the cleanest or tidyist person in the world.

My (luxury) Hymer 660S, being my fulltime (batchelor) home, is rather messy and far too dirty for my Princess. It would take a professional valet company a week or two to get it as nice inside as Max, PLUS at least an hour or two every day to keep it up to an acceptable standard. (I prefer it messy.)

Frankie LOVES driving her Max (2.8 turbo) and spending private time pottering inside. I LOVE slobbing about in my van, watching footy, listening to Metallica and picking my nose... ;)

We are both extremely independent people who like spending some time experiencing things together like Coypu watching and Chinese Buffets and Chateau garden exploring.

I hope this helps... (y)

JJ :cool:

Please note... the above message has been approved by my Princess...

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Max (Frankie's Hymer Camp 51) is kept absolutely spotless inside and is rather cramped for a big, fat bloke who isn't the cleanest or tidyist person in the world.

My (luxury) Hymer 660S, being my fulltime (batchelor) home, is rather messy and far too dirty for my Princess. It would take a professional valet company a week or two to get it as nice inside as Max, PLUS at least an hour or two every day to keep it up to an acceptable standard. (I prefer it messy.)

Frankie LOVES driving her Max (2.8 turbo) and spending private time pottering inside. I LOVE slobbing about in my van, watching footy, listening to Metallica and picking my nose... ;)

We are both extremely independent people who like spending some time experiencing things together like Coypu watching and Chinese Buffets and Chateau garden exploring.

I hope this helps... (y)

It does indeed JJ, I think it is a trend that could catch on. The perfect combination could be a nice big luxury gin palace like yours with a smaller but just as luxurious Pop Top for the lady. Think of the benefits, no need to tow a car, nice and easy to drive, park the gin palace and tour locally together in the comfort of the pop top. Yep I think you have started something here jj.:)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Don't suggest that Frankie has to downsize - why should she?? A pop top?? I know loads of ladies who enjoy the luxury of a big van.

Glad to hear you finally got away from the over populated stadium you two. Who's looking after it now @JJ and Frankie??

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Don't suggest that Frankie has to downsize - why should she?? A pop top?? I know loads of ladies who enjoy the luxury of a big van.

Glad to hear you finally got away from the over populated stadium you two. Who's looking after it now @JJ and Frankie??
Mum and Dad are having a holiday there...all arranged by me....!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Wednesday August 10.

Parked up in good time today.

We have travelled another 67 kms. Phew!

After a late brekky/early lunch sampling the local cusine of the region, (McDonalds at Gaillac), we visited the local corner shop (LeClerc) for some supplies... I spotted this glorious display in there...

20160810_124044.jpg

We then headed for the centre of Albi which looked like a super place for a visit, but it was so crowded we couldn't find anywhere to park (the "aire" in the centre by the cathedral was packed like sardines).

So on to Valderies where we found the carpark "aire" in the centre of the village...

20160810_150004.jpg

Not too appealing but there was a sign to a municipal campsite which looks like this...

20160810_155147.jpg

A visit to the Marie to find out the payment details was unsuccesful. It is shut until the end of August. (Result (y))

Frankie decided to make slight modifications to enable easier access to her "pitch"...

20160810_153942.jpg

Sensibly she removed the evidence of her work...

20160810_154019.jpg

As long as there is no evening football training/match tonight this is going to be a perfect park up. It is totally peaceful. We are completely on our own and the water is on.

Sadly the electricity isn't. :(

Obviously I will email the Mayor to complain about this when his/her holiday is over.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Always carried some extendable loppers and a bow saw when we were touring in the 5'er.....essential, too many shade trees!!

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have got secateurs but am not always allowed time to use them!

I spoke too soon...

We are no longer "completely" alone...

A German van and a French one... the French one has children in it... :Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek:

Man Plans, God Laughes...

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I spoke too soon...

We are no longer "completely" alone...

A German van and a French one... the French one has children in it... :Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek:

Walk around in your Man United, blue top with a can of Lager singing the anthem...

They will soon bugger orft... (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Wednesday August 10.

Parked up in good time today.

We have travelled another 67 kms. Phew!

After a late brekky/early lunch sampling the local cusine of the region, (McDonalds at Gaillac), we visited the local corner shop (LeClerc) for some supplies... I spotted this glorious display in there...

View attachment 119527

We then headed for the centre of Albi which looked like a super place for a visit, but it was so crowded we couldn't find anywhere to park (the "aire" in the centre by the cathedral was packed like sardines).

So on to Valderies where we found the carpark "aire" in the centre of the village...

View attachment 119529

Not too appealing but there was a sign to a municipal campsite which looks like this...

View attachment 119530

A visit to the Marie to find out the payment details was unsuccesful. It is shut until the end of August. (Result (y))

Frankie decided to make slight modifications to enable easier access to her "pitch"...

View attachment 119531

Sensibly she removed the evidence of her work...

View attachment 119532

As long as there is no evening football training/match tonight this is going to be a perfect park up. It is totally peaceful. We are completely on our own and the water is on.

Sadly the electricity isn't. :(

Obviously I will email the Mayor to complain about this when his/her holiday is over.

Gosh....the wind blew under my tee-shirt so much...I look like one of these balloons you have a ride in.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

We are both extremely independent people who like spending some time experiencing things together like Coypu watching and Buffets
I hope this helps... (y)

We have a fish pond out the back and the Koi are lovely to see
but even for a Man City supporter watching Koi Poo is pushing it a bit.

45031571-flat-concept-set-modern-design-with-shadow-turd-faeces.jpg

Not quite sure which one is the Koi Poo but there ya go.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
We have a fish pond out the back and the Koi are lovely to see
but even for a Man City supporter watching Koi Poo is pushing it a bit.

45031571-flat-concept-set-modern-design-with-shadow-turd-faeces.jpg

Not quite sure which one is the Koi Poo but there ya go.
Now Roger please, can we stop talking about poo ! I've had a very smelly month and believe me...nothing you can imagine even in your worst nightmares. Gypsies are really something on that precise matter ..... Plus , I`m having my tea!!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a wonderful break both of you, a couple of years ago from now you were Rally Marshalls ( I use that term loosely) with us at Malvern, time goes so quickly, you'd be proud of us JJ as we are parked up Ruffty Ruffty. Camping a couple of miles from Malvern ready to go all over again.
What's the weather like we're you are now, looks really nice.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
"...you were Rally Marshalls ( I use that term loosely) with us at Malvern"

When it comes to Rally Marshalling young Carol, I definitely hail from the School of Deligation... :whistle:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Now Roger please, can we stop talking about poo ! I've had a very smelly month and believe me...nothing you can imagine even in your worst nightmares. Gypsies are really something on that precise matter ..... Plus , I`m having my tea!!!

Dont worry Frankie our local Gypsies complain
to the council about me:france::france::reel:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I wish to report that at 10.36 am today (Thursday Aug 11th) I heard my Princess singing away in Max as she goes about her chores (probably a spot of cleaning and tidying).

This is very good news as it means she is starting to relax a little.

The two other vans have gone... (y)

I think we might stay here another day or two... who knows?

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I wish to report that at 10.36 am today (Thursday Aug 11th) I heard my Princess singing away in Max as she goes about her chores (probably a spot of cleaning and tidying).

This is very good news as it means she is starting to relax a little.

The two other vans have gone... (y)

I think we might stay here another day or two... who knows?

Lovely xxx

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Surely Frankie didn't frighten them off with her singing?! Or is that the ploy?!:LOL:
Have a peaceful time!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back