Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
So thinking of the galaxy S3!

Problem is our sims are full size!

Anyone cut a sim card down to make it fit?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It can be done, look on youtube,

but when I got my S3 I called the service provider and they sent me a new micro sim

BTW.. good phone (y)

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thaks Jim they are our French Leclerc payg sims and we do not want to change the numbers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
ahh.. ok..

so you need to cut it.. Google it, plenty of info,.

one from Giffgaff

good luck

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/giffgaff-Microsim-Cutting-Template/td-p/27024

rm0c95.gif

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It can be done just print a template from the internet and use a pair of sharp scissors, I did it this way for my Granddaughter and it works fine. Or you can purchase a cutter or even go into a phone shop and they will do it for you with their cutter.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When Jill first got a Galaxy S3 we tried cutting the SIM but it didn't work so must have been slightly off. Giffgaff sent a replacement.
When I got a Galaxy S3 from Carphone Warehouse they did it for me successfully (though did say in advance that they couldn't guarantee it would be 100% successful).

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
You can change the SIM card and keep your number.

Wyn

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I've just got the galaxy s5. Upgraded from an iPhone. It took a bit of getting used to but love it now and the camera is far superior to the iPhone.

Your provider can send you a micro sim at no cost.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Err in France?

Just ask them for a " mini.sim" These days most come as full size with the ability to pop out the mini.
additionally any sim can be replaced & programmed with your number. It usually has to be done when the PUK has been entered incorrectly too many times & it locks the card permanently. 3€ here for a new card.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi buddy, even in France you can have your sim cloned, that's if cutting fails.
If you get a new phone whilst in the UK, like what I did and its unlocked then you can change your sim whilst you laze away in Spain next winter, may I suggest Three. And finally can I offer my personal service on selecting APPS. And finally finally get whatsapp set up so you can send messages to me from the camperstop.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Ken, I've just changed my Phone and handed my 2 year old to the missus, then I noticed the difference in SIM card size.

I'd seen it done a couple of years ago on you-tube so hacked away at Jackies SIM with Kitchen scissors and it worked.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
This is a "standard" requirement for the sim provider (certainly in UK). Call them and tell them you've changed phone that requires a nano (or whatever sized sim) and they'll send you one with the same number that doesn't activate until you stick it in your new phone. The old full sized is deactivated at same time
Family down it three \ four times in last year on various networks (payg and contract).
You can also buy an adaptor set that will resize your new nano sim up to the bigger sizes so you could use again in your old phone (if you ever wanted to!).
Can't see why it would be different in France but could be wrong.

ps you can buy a tool to use to cut down but some shops (like Carphonewarehouse, or the network supplier) will do it for you if just wander in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back