Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
:Sad: Can anyone please help? :Sad:

Dave and I are planning to go back to Morocco this winter, (setting off from Preston 18th November). We took 2 electric scooters last time, and soon realised they were not what we needed. We have now sold them and bought a road legal Quad Bike and a box trailer, so far so good :Smile:.

We have had the Quad for a few months, to make sure it was ok, (to make sure I (Sue) was ok with it really:RollEyes:), yes I am good with it so lets add Morocco to the insurance :Eeek: Our insurance Swinton will not cover it for Morocco.:Angry: Here is a list of insurers that have said noooooo to Morocco, Adrian Flux, Call Connections, Carole Nash, Performance Direct, Falcon, we are going to try NFU, The Bike Insurers, Autonet & Vine Cover in the morning.

Does anyone know of a company that will insure us for 2 months in Morocco? We saw plenty of Quad Bikes last year so somebody must insure them.

Sue & Dave

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi pal, good to hear you are OK. Am not sure if this will be any help to you but I know AF wont give green cards for Morocco. Thats why I changed to Saga but they wont insure the buggy. I have my Joyner 650 buggy insured with AF as they were just about as cheap as I could get. I was going to get Moroccan insurance on it if we take it out there.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi pal, good to hear you are OK. Am not sure if this will be any help to you but I know AF wont give green cards for Morocco. Thats why I changed to Saga but they wont insure the buggy. I have my Joyner 650 buggy insured with AF as they were just about as cheap as I could get. I was going to get Moroccan insurance on it if we take it out there.

Do you mean buy it in Morocco at the port?

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
OP
OP
sue & dave

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Thanks

Thanks to those who replied.

After phoning what seems like every insurance company there is, NO was the answer from them all.:Doh:

We will have to follow Snowbirds advice again (I bet you think we are stalking you) and get it at the port when we arrive, I just like to have things sorted before we set off :RollEyes: which is just over 3 weeks now ::bigsmile:

Will keep in touch now and then on our travels.

On a different note, to those of you coming to Longridge on Ian's Rally...don't forget to come and say hello.

Sue :Tongue1: & Dave :Cool:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back