LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We told our neighbours we were thinking of getting another motorhome and they said they were thinking the same so I lent them a couple of magazines.

They brought them back this morning and said they would not be getting a "dormobile" as they hadn't realised how expensive they were and they might not like camping. I just thanked them for returning the magazines, kept a straight face until they left.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I'm waiting to see what they say when we buy ours and bring it home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we had a run in with neighbours down the road when their grandchildren came to visit and kicked a football off the side of our van. they wouldnt believe me when i told them how much a replacement window would cost them. their attitude was its only a bit of plastic and such a waste of money buying a big gypsy van like that. at least i know what they think of us :ROFLMAO: boring old fartes that they are

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Dormobile......oh so 70's :roflmto:
Nearly as bad as my workmate calling my RV a caravanette. :Angry:

Right.......So your workmate talks to you.......Have you mentioned that in B&Q?? They might have a chatty ladder for sale as well..::bigsmile::winky::winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Right.......So your workmate talks to you.......Have you mentioned that in B&Q?? They might have a chatty ladder for sale as well..::bigsmile::winky::winky:

Well I talk to all my tools..... they don't usually talk back but have been known to bite me now and again. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
we had a run in with neighbours down the road when their grandchildren came to visit and kicked a football off the side of our van. they wouldnt believe me when i told them how much a replacement window would cost them. their attitude was its only a bit of plastic and such a waste of money buying a big gypsy van like that. at least i know what they think of us :ROFLMAO: boring old fartes that they are

Bloody Pi**ys :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Not having any myself I was just wondering...

Do some folk pay too much attention to what their neighbours think?

Do some folk try to get "one up" on their neighbours?

Is it some sort of contest I don't understand?

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Yes, Yes and Yes. :Smile:

Upvote 0

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010

[HI]

[/HI]

I have the same problem with football :RollEyes:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

We get on very well with our neighbours and do pay attention to what they think as we do with all our friends. We certainly don't try to get "one up" on them though and neither do they with us :Smile:

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We get on very well with our neighbours and do pay attention to what they think as we do with all our friends. We certainly don't try to get "one up" on them though and neither do they with us :Smile:

Absolutely agree with this one. Our neighbours are marvellous, only problem is they're even older than us, so may not always be with us.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

1) Do some folk pay too much attention to what their neighbours think?

2) Do some folk try to get "one up" on their neighbours?

3) Is it some sort of contest I don't understand?

Answers:

1) That appears to be the case especially with one of my neighbours who refuses to come into a house where there are only females present in case he tarnishes their reputation.

2) Definitely. Mr and Mrs Dormobile are always telling us about the cruises they have been on aboard what they term "our ship". They are also very full of their own importance - and of the importance of everyone they know. If it wasn't so pathetically sad it would be comical.

3) I don't understand the rules either.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've got 4 properties which are immediately adjacent to us:

Neighbour on the North West corner is a widow in her mid/late 60s (I think!) who has some major medical issues (transplant, immune system etc) so we tend to keep an eye on her. Some days she's fairly amenable, others she can be a 'witch'! So far in the last 12 months we've trimmed a very, very large thorny hedge which she then decided she wanted about 4ft cutting off the height which took ages, even with a chain saw! Then helped to weed a large gravelled area at the side of her bungalow and other odd garden jobs. When she locked herself out and we ended up breaking the bottom panel in her back door to gain access then I boarded it all up, supposedly temporarily, but did such a good job she hasn't bothered putting glass back in (it looks better too :Blush:). I've taken her to church etc a couple of times when her car refused to start and hubby has sorted some bits and pieces for her too, such as touching up the scratches on her old car and also her new one which she'd only had 3 weeks before she managed to scratch it! He's also fixed the plumbing under her kitchen sink when it came adrift and done other odd bits and pieces too including sorting out her computer - she said she'd bake us a lovely lemon drizzle cake for Christmas ... we're still waiting, although I didn't ask WHICH Christmas:RollEyes:!

On our South West corner we've got the "picklers"! They make their own pickles, chutney and jams and are a very nice couple.

On the East side our previous neighbour was great and we often fed and took care of her dog if she was away for the day/overnight, and kept an eye on her property for her. Our new neighbours seem to be nice and very down to earth - he owns a laundry business locally and his wife has just opened a shop selling beauty products/supplies next to it so they've been very busy and we haven't see much of them so far, however our 'first' meeting was when we sold something to them! :RollEyes: This happened because our neighbour next to him (2 doors down from us) came round to buy a petrol chain saw, our 'new' next door neighbours (our other neighbour's sister and brother-in-law) came round for one too! We've also met their Mum who lives just round the corner and she's very nice too.

On our South boundary we have the 'pillocks'! They own a food supply/catering company of some sort; the wife isn't too bad but the husband is totally up himself! The kids used to be little s*ds too. We've had lots of 'letters' from the husband wanting us to do stuff/sort out things he's not happy with, some stuff we weren't planning on doing anyway, other stuff we just ignored as he was being an idiot (nothing new there!) but if he wants to waste his time writing a letter then so be it! He even tried to 'nick' the end of our garden saying that it was his until we put him right - we still see the previous owners of our bungalow whose family divided our bungalow's original plot up and built the pillock's bungalow, along with a few others so we could get the full story from them and were able to tell him to go forth and multiply! :thumb: We've had a lot of trouble with him over the years but fortunately he's quietened down now.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back