Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Folks
Well we were at the show but didn't get chance to meet many folk as we spent the whole time climbing in and out of vans till our legs ached. (We were the ones in the caravan quite close to the entry road).
Anyway - we bought our first motorhome at the show and we're really excited. It's a Geist Touring 75, 2007 with 5000 on the clock. Bought it from Cleveland Motorhomes and we're delighted.
After we signed on the dotted line we ran round a couple of accessory shops then hitched up and came home in a spin.
Now we have to learn to go the thing - delivery in a couple of weeks. Woo hoo!
Mags

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Congratulations on your new purchase. Bet you cant wait to use it. You'll find it a doddle being X caravaner's , and wonder why you didn't make the swap earlier. Dont forget to wave .
Bev

Upvote 0

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Congratulations on the new purchase... you will love it for sure! Welcome to the fun

david

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Congratulations Mags , you were parked infront of us :thumb:,you wont regret changing to a motorhome we were caravanners 3yrs ago , Motorhoming is so much easier :Smile:

See you again , next time in our new van :thumb:

Ash:thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Geist Touring 75

NO - not a Geist Touring 75.

Do not buy a Geist 75 at any price.

You'll have far too much FUN.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
motorhome madness

So another couple fall into the web.....orrible screeching laugh :ROFLMAO:

Welcome welcome, you of course now just need to be certified clinically daft, which buying a motorhome just about confirms it...:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Finding it hard to think about anything else today ... thanks again you lovely people. Wish we'd spent more time chatting to folk at the weekend but the sight of all those thousands of vans lined up and waiting to be drooled over was just too much for us. LOL
x

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Congratulations, and dont worry you will have plenty of time to chat at other meets once you get your new toy

maggie

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Folks
Well we were at the show but didn't get chance to meet many folk as we spent the whole time climbing in and out of vans till our legs ached. (We were the ones in the caravan quite close to the entry road).
Anyway - we bought our first motorhome at the show and we're really excited. It's a Geist Touring 75, 2007 with 5000 on the clock. Bought it from Cleveland Motorhomes and we're delighted.
After we signed on the dotted line we ran round a couple of accessory shops then hitched up and came home in a spin.
Now we have to learn to go the thing - delivery in a couple of weeks. Woo hoo!
Mags
Well done u 2 motorhomes are fun.:thumb::thumb:enjoy it and good luck Pete

Upvote 0

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Finding it hard to think about anything else today ... thanks again you lovely people. Wish we'd spent more time chatting to folk at the weekend but the sight of all those thousands of vans lined up and waiting to be drooled over was just too much for us. LOL
x

Its an amazing experience isnt it getting your first motorhome. I remember as a caravanner, going to Hillhead caravans in Devon whilst we were there and looking at those snazzy coach built motorhomes and saying " give me three years and I'll have one of them beasties parked on my drive...."

Didnt quite go according to plan cos the first one was Molly the leaking MH panel van converson I mentioned in another thread. It was only when I got rid and we got our Elldis Autoquest 270 from Clifon Motorhomes in Kearsley.Anyone remember them with grinning Ken their ace sales person who always wanted to make sure you got the roof rack and ladder with the van( a Ploy I fell for LOL)

It was such a thrill picking the van up. We went right onto the motorway and headed up for Ayre in Scotland only to get the the main stretch off the motorway and have the clutch pack in....and got towed back to Clifton MH centre to sort. two days later we were back off and up to Scotland and a great time indeed.

Happy MHing and hope you have loads of fun. Maybe one of those waves one day will be from me

Bessy regs

Kenny

Upvote 0

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Congratulations we know just how you feel Knutsford was our first outing in ours and can't wait for the next one, meanwhile must work for the repayments, one day though.

Rick and Rosie

Upvote 0

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the world of Motorhoming, we love it and cant wait for Friday and heading Souther, to Weymouth then France.

We've had ours a year on Friday so I'm going to put some birthday banners on the outside and have a party in the garden just to **** off our nice neighbour, so any Funster in the area your all invited ::bigsmile:

Dale

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hey Folks
Thanks for all your good wishes. They are delivering the MH to us next Friday. Great guys at Cleveland Motorhomes are driving it up to us and collecting our caravan as part exchange at the same time. We're still grinning yes - and planning!
Can't wait.
M

Upvote 0

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi motor roaming get yourself into the Newark show in September :thumb:

And you Mags 52 most of us will be there that were at Knutsford you can show us all your new van :thumb:

Ash :thumb:

Upvote 0

M&M

Free Member
Jun 27, 2010
Funster No
We have *nearly* bought one too!

Hello Mags congratulations on buying the motorhome. I know just how you feel - excited, nervous and sick all at the same time. We are just in the throes of buying one too and will be letting our house and living in it for @ 2 years. It is a Burstner Argos 748 and gorgeous! We hope to let the house early next year so by April time we should be full timers. There are so many questions running through our heads when we are trying to sleep at night. We know we can live happily in one as we spent 5 months in our caravan last year but we know this will be completely different e.g. using the bus to go anywhere, finding sites which will take a 30ft van etc. Any advice will be appreciated. Contrary to how the above reads, we are really excited about our change of direction, just a little nervous I suppose.

:Eeek:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Ash
We'll be in France when the Newark show is on so won't be there to show off but we'll have lots to report no doubt when we get back.
M&M - wow! That's really brave and really exciting. No wonder you're having trouble sleeping. I fall asleep every night thinking about 3 weeks in France!
7 days and counting to delivery. ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back