Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
im almost sure i have seen a picture of the bloke who sold you the van in a news paper or online.
it shows the stripped van in a yard with some caravans close by, and the police as well.
i will try to find it again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
im almost sure i have seen a picture of the bloke who sold you the van in a news paper or online.
it shows the stripped van in a yard with some caravans close by, and the police as well.
i will try to find it again

That would be interesting to see.... Thanks

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
We did an HPI check, the Reg and vin no' we gave them all checked out ok... Which of course was the donor van.... The real Reg of the stolen van we obviously didn't have..... If we did it would have been a completely different story.... HPI can only give you a response with the information you supply them, they did their job.... No come back for them....

so your saying anyone can sell a mote home that was stolen, have a HPI check from the information on the you give and anyone can be screwed, i thought the vin number was on the chassis, you got me worried now cos i want to buy one and it a lot of money to loose

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
so your saying anyone can sell a mote home that was stolen, have a HPI check from the information on the you give and anyone can be screwed, i thought the vin number was on the chassis, you got me worried now cos i want to buy one and it a lot of money to loose

Yes, the one we bought had all the plates, vin numbers, Windows and every I.D. mark that would normally identity it changed .....

Yes, you will have to have your wits about you when you buy, take advantage of the knowledge on here and you won't go far wrong, it's what I did and I have learnt an awful lot from the good people here..:notworthy2:(y)

When I bought the next one I got it from a funster on here so at least I could find out that they have had it for a while and was a safer buy...

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Un f*****g believable....!!!! He has now pleaded not guilty.!!! :Eeek:

Now scheduled for August but not holding my breath as its been a crock of s**t up till now.... We will now have to attend the trial up there so that will cost us more money!

How can he plead not guilty with loads of evidence ? :Eeek::doh::doh:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Every trick in the book.
Hoping the CPS drops the case, to try to con the jury, to hope the prosecution trips up, to hope his lawyers find a loophole in the case, to prolong his 'freedom' or simply to make things as awkward & expensive for you as possible because you're the one who got him nicked.
He'll probably change his plea again the day before the trial.

Stay strong.

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Not guilty plea right up to the court date is a defence lawyer delaying tactic often used. It does not mean that he won't change his plea when it comes to the court date. If the evidence is stacked up against him, he is likely to get a sentence discount for an early guilty plea. Keep a detailed note of your expenses and make sure that you submit a compensation claim via the Police/CPS prior to the court date.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
My brother is going through this same scenario except with a farm machine. Did all the checks etc and all was OK. Same problem with court cases being postponed and rescheduled.

No-one needs this s--- in their lives.

Good luck with your case.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Scrote needs time to get his affairs in order to ensure all the stuff he transfers into other peoples names so he's got nothing in his, appears to 'legally (back) dated'.

Thus by August he wants to have no assets and be a 'man of straw'. I am fully aware that there always used to be Ways and Means - but shedloads of these have since been stopped in their tracks by subsequent laws and regs. You only USED to need a 'flexible' accountant .......

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL - I rather meant under his own steam as it were. However under the circs ........

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I hope the scrote gets a custodial sentence. I used to take fraudsters to court for my job, the barsteward's defence would confuse the jury and they got away with thousands of pounds. Many pleaded guilty at the last minute when they saw me and the witnesses appear in court. One guy with previous pleaded guilty at the last minute, the judge made him pay £1700 costs!!! as the judge was not impressed with the time and money that had been wasted and all for a £500 fraud.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
On newer vans it's on the window screen low down below wiper level

That is just the visible one. There is still another stamped in to the chassis normally under a lift up flap around thye passenger seat & on vans it can be in the passenger footwell /chassis rail under passenger side. Then there is the plate under the bonnet which is the first thing to be changed & sometimes there is yet another stamped on the bulkhead.
In the event of a minor shunt where air bag deploys the 'visible' number in the windscreen doesn't normally get replaced when the dash is changed.

Yes ,it is still stamped somewhere.Normally when facing vehicle it is on the left hand side (passenger side in EU & drivers in UK ) in footwell or under on floor or chassis rail .

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Empathy flowing from dunear in Narfuk Borr, we really feel for ya, what a total scumbag, hope he goes down for a long time and we hope you get your Moho back. Best regards, from James & Angie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back