waxing a motorhome ,which wax? (1 Viewer)

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Charlie.
Had a little success at the show, third in the masterclass, helped by appearance of the car.
However it rained. And the raindrops dried on the paintwork and have left spots over the car. Advice on removal please. (Have washed with shampoo and dried).
Geoff

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

Sorry I missed your question I have been installing a multifuel burner in our bungalow since 7 this morning . Quite a day I can tell you !

Anyway congratulations on your success at that show ! I cut my teeth on preparing car for concourse shows so know how good it is when you have a bit of encouragement !

To get rid of the spots use a detailing spray like Meguires Last Touch. Its awesome for finishing off after washing and getting rid of water spotting. Its the hard water that does it and if at a show spray the detailing fluid onto the car while the car still has water on it. You will be amazed at how brilliant the finish will be when you wipe down with it it is incredible. Go to Ebay for the product ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Hi Charlie what's the tap called you use when waxing to stop the black bits going white

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I like the Autoglym rapid detailer as it does the job a smells nice, but find them all quite expensive when you buy the 500ml bottles, I get the No 54 fast shine and lube in 5 litres at a time as it exactly the same just decant into spray bottles.

Martin

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
All this waxing motorhomes must work.....have you ever seen a hairy motorhome?

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Sorry I missed your question I have been installing a multifuel burner in our bungalow since 7 this morning . Quite a day I can tell you !

Anyway congratulations on your success at that show ! I cut my teeth on preparing car for concourse shows so know how good it is when you have a bit of encouragement !

To get rid of the spots use a detailing spray like Meguires Last Touch. Its awesome for finishing off after washing and getting rid of water spotting. Its the hard water that does it and if at a show spray the detailing fluid onto the car while the car still has water on it. You will be amazed at how brilliant the finish will be when you wipe down with it it is incredible. Go to Ebay for the product ..

Thanks Charlie
Will be ordered
Geoff

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
I think the "e" is missing tap"e" low tack masking tape ... @Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Ah the tape ! Sorry very tired ! Been working 6 till 6 on the bungalow and so damn tired !

The blue tape is 3M . I use it when polishing to do many things.

To stop polish getting onto black bumpers and trims
Paint on plastics is far more delicate so when polishing I tape of those areas and deal with them seperately.
Badges usually chrome will not tolerate the polishing pad so tape those up
Decals are never to be polished so tape those up
Window runners will get in a mess so tape those up
I polish small areas at a time IE I tape a bonnet into four sections to keep me straight as to where I've polished.

So many things... Anyway its a low tack tape made by 3M and I get it from Ebay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back