Waving (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
when I was taught my roadcraft, the VERY strict and knowledgable instructor taught me that the brain naturally follows your eyes and its a reflex reaction to steer in the direction you are looking
Motorcyclists are told to look in the direction they wish to go. If you look at the "point of danger" that is where you are likely to go. If you look at the route you want to take instead you are likely to follow that route.

It appears to work from my painful experience!:(

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
In my coachbuilt days, driving along l would wave at all other Mohomers as they passed me by, no matter the MoHome they happened to be in.

So a couple of weeks ago, there l was taking my shiney new PVC to my storage facility, and within the space of about four or five miles, l pass six CBs. I wave with enthusiasm and vigour, and am promptly blanked by each and every one.

Now is this some sort of snobbery or what. The wife says, it's because you're in a PVC, and they think you are just any old White Van Man. I respond " but l'm not white - l'm gold and have all these IH decals just about everywhere and how often does white van man wave at you, other than in an impolite way" .

Don't understand what is going on - maybe someone can enlighten me, as to why l now appear to be personna non grata ( or however you spell it ).

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@parigby Mum and I usually play a game to see who is the first to spot a MH. I think its much harder to spot a pvc coming towards us than it is a CB or A C and by the time we realise , its too late. Certainly not snobbery, some of those PVC cost more than CBs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
In my coachbuilt days, driving along l would wave at all other Mohomers as they passed me by, no matter the MoHome they happened to be in.

So a couple of weeks ago, there l was taking my shiney new PVC to my storage facility, and within the space of about four or five miles, l pass six CBs. I wave with enthusiasm and vigour, and am promptly blanked by each and every one.

Now is this some sort of snobbery or what. The wife says, it's because you're in a PVC, and they think you are just any old White Van Man. I respond " but l'm not white - l'm gold and have all these IH decals just about everywhere and how often does white van man wave at you, other than in an impolite way" .

Don't understand what is going on - maybe someone can enlighten me, as to why l now appear to be personna non grata ( or however you spell it ).
Funny you have brought this up as have in the the past to PVC's and have had no response so ha
Typicle geezers from Norfolk, only kidding. Must have been at the booze, little blighter, rather big bugger, was it an RV driver???

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

We wave to all.

If a van is clearly a PVC we wave. We might miss the odd white one but, if we spotted one as you describe, prepare to wave back!:smiley:

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Wasn't going to add to this thread but it's started to rain. I don't wave because:
I'm in a PVC and nobody waves to me.

If you are looking at MHs coming towards you then you ain't concentrating on the road.

It's dangerous, see comment above.

Deleted User

Ha ha, we've both said that one of the advantages of the PV is that we no longer have to bother with that waving nonsense ::bigsmile:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Wasn't going to add to this thread but it's started to rain. I don't wave because:
I'm in a PVC and nobody waves to me.

If you are looking at MHs coming towards you then you ain't concentrating on the road.

It's dangerous, see comment above.
If you aren't looking at motorhomes coming towards you you might run into them!:whistle:

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I wave, but I tend to do it in reply
sorry:unsure:
I prefer to do it landrover style and just raise my fingers from the wheelo_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.