Jkarchibald

Free Member
Sep 24, 2012
Diss, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Amundsen 540D
Exp
We wave, but are about to switch to a PVC - am now worried we'll start missing out on people waving back. Do others - who have made the switch - now find they are in "stealth mode"?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
@Jkarchibald
We waved and got waved at most of the time in our last Motorhome. It had a Luton cab. Bed above the driving bit .
Since we've had one similar to yours @sylvester1954 @Milliemobile a Peugeot xlwb panel van conversion. We don't get waved at unless it's a PVC. :(
Oh well . We'll live....

@Toxic Clown it's cos your a PVC. We've only been out in ours a handful of times , with it not being finished . We've really noticed a difference on the waving front. :(

I always wave (when I see the other camper in time) but have to confess that I sometimes miss PVCs as they are not obviously a Motothome untill we get close and it can then be too late.
Also, if my attention is taken by something up ahead I can miss a wave from someone coming towards me. :hi:
(y);)

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
I'm a waver.
It is nice to get a wave back but I feel that as long as I wave then I have done my bit to promote peace and harmony within the motorhoming community.
Got quite a few responses on our recent travels back to London from Cornwall along the A30/303..

Nik

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I wave like a lunatic when we are out and about. At half term we drove from Gloucester up to North Yorkshire and back via lots of places but sadly only about 30% returned the waves! Made me sad....:(

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
I think there should be sites for grumpy old non waving gits so they can sit on the sites with their backs to the window with a big sulky lip looking fu+#\^g miserable while their other half gives them a good ear bashing to make them really miserable old ba$+^£}s

What am I thinking.... That's a CC ain't it? ! :p

OP
OP
sylvester1954
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
We wave, but are about to switch to a PVC - am now worried we'll start missing out on people waving back. Do others - who have made the switch - now find they are in "stealth mode"?
But I can promise that you will get lots of waves back from Tesco/Ocado home delivery vans ....:). I have added a big blue swift to the front of my PVC so it looks a wee bit different to oncomings campers (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back