watre pump air heater questions

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by mal6186, Jun 17, 2010.

1. mal6186

mal6186 Read Only Funster

have just bough 1993 autosleeper trident on vw t4. Lovely and all seems functioning:

it has two black square air vents near floor - when carver 1600(?) air heater is on air only comes out of top one - is this right? when on fan (fresh air) mode it is the same but air is warm (heated) and doesn't feel like fresh air.

water pump - tank is full, water pump is on/whirring but no water comes out of tap wherever it is turned - any more likely faults/solutions people think i should check first?

Thanks

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Start at the pump end, disconnect a pipe nearest to it and see if water comes out, have some one with you otherwise you might get wet!

Peter

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

As Peter say's have someone with you
    That way you will both get wet:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Geo

4. mal6186

took inlet and outlet pipes off - should i be able to feel suction or blowing when running it 'dry' because I cant. As i said pump is running, filter is clean. Took it apart and couldn't see any splits or leaks etc. there is small allen key adjustment at end - some sort of switch? Any advice appreciated.

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

centrifugal pump (whale type) it could be the impeller has jammed.
    throw-away item i think.

diaphram pump (fiamma, shurflo) it could be a valve is jammed or has dirt in it or the diaphram has split.
    spares are readily available

reconnect the inlet and fit a temperary hose to the outlet....turn on pump and suck on the temp pipe....be ready for a large gobfull of water and have somewhere to put the hose if it starts to pump, until you can turn it off.

6. mal6186

its a shurflo pump - seen new ones advertised near me in bradford for £40 so might just get new - hardly aseems worth the hassle of replacing bits for that. Diaphragm doesn't look split but obviously something up with it.