watre pump air heater questions (1 Viewer)

mal6186

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Funster No
have just bough 1993 autosleeper trident on vw t4. Lovely and all seems functioning:

it has two black square air vents near floor - when carver 1600(?) air heater is on air only comes out of top one - is this right? when on fan (fresh air) mode it is the same but air is warm (heated) and doesn't feel like fresh air.

water pump - tank is full, water pump is on/whirring but no water comes out of tap wherever it is turned - any more likely faults/solutions people think i should check first?

Thanks

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
As Peter say's have someone with you
That way you will both get wet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mal6186

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Funster No
took inlet and outlet pipes off - should i be able to feel suction or blowing when running it 'dry' because I cant. As i said pump is running, filter is clean. Took it apart and couldn't see any splits or leaks etc. there is small allen key adjustment at end - some sort of switch? Any advice appreciated.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
centrifugal pump (whale type) it could be the impeller has jammed.
throw-away item i think.

diaphram pump (fiamma, shurflo) it could be a valve is jammed or has dirt in it or the diaphram has split.
spares are readily available

reconnect the inlet and fit a temperary hose to the outlet....turn on pump and suck on the temp pipe....be ready for a large gobfull of water and have somewhere to put the hose if it starts to pump, until you can turn it off.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mal6186

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Funster No
its a shurflo pump - seen new ones advertised near me in bradford for £40 so might just get new - hardly aseems worth the hassle of replacing bits for that. Diaphragm doesn't look split but obviously something up with it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back