Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi all.
i recently purchased my first motorhome. a brand new dethleffs advantage 7871 double floor tag axle jobby.
when i went to collect said MH when we were given our hand over tour of the van the hand over man noticed that the coolant level was a little low in the engine and said that he would top get it topped up.
we couldn't take said MH home due to a postal hiccup which meant the insurance didn't arrive in time for it to be taxed so we arranged to collect 3 days later.
when i arrived at home i just parked it up as it was dark and snowing.
the following day i decided to have a good look round and noticed a pink crusty trail in one of the lockers between the floors. i traced it to the alde engine heat exchanger pump thinking one of the hose clips may just be a little loose i tightened the clips cleaned up the mess and thought no more of it. last week we took it for a run and when i returned home i looked at the suspect area and yes once again a small pool of pink antifreeze so i looked a little closer and the pump has a hair line crack in the impellor housing. i dont want to drive the MH whilst its leaking through fear of the damage to the underfloor bulkheads with this leakage but on the other hand i dont want to remove the pump for fear of invalidating any warranties on the van. the dealer i bought it from is over 100 miles away. just wondering what my options are.
thanks in advance
andy

OP
OP
aba

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
thanks for that mark i will email alde just to see if this is going to cost me or if its going to be a free warranty job.
andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if it does have to go to the dealers then let them arrange collection/recovery.
it could last for years leaking or it could fail 5 miles down the road.....result, blown head gasket/siezure/cracked head.

i got from sheffield to scarborough (around 100 miles) with a badly leaking water pump on a landrover disco but had to stop twice to refill the rad and header tank.

guaranteed warrenty repair anyway so i didnt care if it did seize:RollEyes:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
aba

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
mind you if it had had a proper check over before the hand over i may not have had any problems but there may already be some other posts on that subject..:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back