Water!

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Job63, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Job63

Job63 Read Only Funster

hi all

I'm new to this - I've recently bought. Fiat ducato and been out init twice so far. Some friends have borrowed it and having set up say that they can't get the water running. They had a bit and now none. The tank is definitely full. When I've been out in it the taps just splutter into life! What could have gone wrong?!

Thanks in and gratitude in advance!
    Job

2. EX51SSS

EX51SSS Funster

Is it a self build conversation or a named vehicle. Fiat Ducato is the base vehicle

3. Job63

Job63 Read Only Funster

Named vehicle Sun living aria

4. EX51SSS

EX51SSS Funster

Well I take that as an Adria. Sun living probably being the model. There are dozens of moho manufacturers that use or used Fiat bases. Some VW, Mercedes, iveco etc.
    Mine is a fiat ducato but it's a Hymer.
    Anyway, sounds like the submersible pump. Your manual might help but it'll probably be located under the cap on the top of the tank. Might be worth having it checked though as no point replacing and finding it's not that. Have you tried the fuse?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Job63

Job63 Read Only Funster

Its brand new - I'll be gutted if its got a problem already. I was hoping you'd tell me I'd had a blonde/senile moment and forgotten to instruct them with some detail! Can't look at fuses as its away for the weekend. but thanks anyway!

6. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

a lot of motorhomes have a switch on the control panel to turn things including pump on and off, might they have been 'fiddling' with things

7. EX51SSS

EX51SSS Funster

Well after having the switches checked, did you prime the taps after filling? Brand New as in 66 Reg? Give the dealer a call in the morning.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Job63

Job63 Read Only Funster

Im hoping and suspecting they've had a fiddle (thank you DavidG58!) - but thanks all. If all else fails I will call the dealer in the morning.

9. jimiol

jimiol Funster

In mine (not the same make) there is a a valve under the sink which is a drain for the hot water boiler. If this is open the water doesn't reach the taps, just empties outside. Is the pump working? You'd hear a noise, but no water to the taps and if you're lucky it could be just that simple.

10. lorger

lorger Funster

If you've emptied the system since the last time you used it, then it could be full of air

11. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

If it is air in the system you need to, open all the taps, including the shower head which should turn on the pump. The system will splutter away until water reaches all the taps so starting with the highest which is the shower, turn it off when a continuous stream of water comes out then turn off each lower tap in succession.
    You should be able to hear the pump running when taps are open (y)

12. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Check underneath the van to see if there's any water coming out when the tap is switched on, the hot water boiler has a valve which drains it once the outside temperature drops below about 5°C, this may need closing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. autorouter

autorouter Funster

This valve also opens automatically if the power to it goes off. If for example the leisure battery isolator switch was turned off 'to see if it works'.
    I'm not sure but I think after the power is back on, it needs to be pulled up manually to close it.

14. vwalan

vwalan Funster

might just need a quick suck on one of the taps . sometimes the pumps airlock and need sucking through.
    might never happen again or might be once ot twice in a life time .