water (1 Viewer)

K

k1tty

Deleted User
I promise I will not attempt to fit anything myself, I'm useless! I have an uncle who's skilled enough! I am just trying to work out what I'm going to need to buy for him to fit.

I want a shower and 1 sink fitting in my van. I think I'm going to have a tankless water heater that works on gas. I just can't work out how the waste water gets from the shower/sink to the waste water tank which I think will go on the floor of the van. Ok gravity is working for the sink but not the shower, or will I need a water pump to help it along?

Can anybody find a diagram on how a plumbing system works on a motorhome?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi K1tty,

gravity will work for the shower :thumb:

the tank should be under the floor, usually near the rear axle. it will use a lot of valuable storage space if inside the van and could cause smell problems.
the top of the tank will probably be a couple of inches below the floor and the pipework should enter at the top of the tank....otherwise it wont flow anyway.
if you do it with a pump, and the tank in the van,you will need a tap in the waste to stop water backfilling the shower tray when the pump is off.
our shower empties faster than the sink...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
forgot to mention the pipework......
it normally runs directly to the tank from the shower and a seperate pipe from the sink to the tank
if you connect the shower and sink on the same pipe water from the sink could come back up the shower pipe and flood the shower tray.
its a lot easier to run the pipes under the floor rather than in the van.
any problems and you cant get at the plumbing if it runs under furniture.

if you need a tank have a look at the CAK website.....many sizes and shapes are available Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John has more or less covered it for you.The only thing that springs to mind is cut the pipes off a couple of inches into the top of the tank--do not let them reach the bottom or as soon as the tank starts to fill it gives problems draining from sink / shower :ROFLMAO: Don't ask :thumb:
terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

k1tty

Deleted User
Coolio! It's been bugging me all day and in turn I've been bugging my bf! :winky:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Word of caution..

Waste pipes under the van are liable to freezing .. if at all possible keep them inside the van until they enter the waste tank ..

if not using in winter then don't worry..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back