water tank

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hayleylulu, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

hi is it beter to fill up with water when u get on site as some one told me if i fill up at home i will use more fuel. wot do u do :BigGrin::BigGrin: martin

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

100 liters of water = 100kg extra weight.
    like carrying an extra passenger:cry:

just carry enough to see you through if you cant fill on site for any reason. :thumb::thumb:

3. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

I always carry a full tank. Thay way when I arrive on site I am done, engine off and thats it. The exra 100kg's on a 3850kg vehicle is neither here or there.
    Andy

4. superk

superk Read Only Funster

Half to two-thirds of a 150-litre tank so there's enough for any needs en-route and if we decide to wild camp we will have a water.

If you're using campsites then you don't need to fill up unless your going to arrive late or can't be bothered when you get there - often you're given or directed to a pitch and it's only when you've parked and unpacked that you realise you need to drive to a water point:Sad:

:Smile:
    Keith

5. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

We always fill with fresh water before setting off. Only once have I set off intending to fill up when I got there only to find they had a broken water main:Laughing: I've never been allowed to forget it....and I haven't!:Rofl1:

Regards
    Doug