Water tank woes!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Madmark62, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Madmark62

Madmark62 Read Only Funster

Well we got the van home last weekend, and although we used the hob to boil the kettle , we did not use the water at all(used bottled for kettle).
    Well today I have been messing around with things, as you do and found out that the toilet flush water comes out oif the main tank, no problem I hear you say!! Well yes there is, the previous owner added pink toilet flush to the water tank :Eek!::Eek!:and now it is running out of the taps too!!!:Doh::Doh:
    So I have now got to drain the tank, hopefully there is only a little water in, then flush the system through.
    Anyone any idea how many times I will need to do this, I will not be using the water for drinking just washing up and ablusions etc.

I realize I may have posted this in the wrong p[lace, but I am still finding my way around the site!

Mark

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

read the label on the bottle to see it its harmful/toxic.

if not I'd drain the tank, refill and long flush through the taps/pipes and drain again then refill and flush the taps again and see if it has any taste.

3. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

You could always use Biomagic tank cleaner see link

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/BioMagic-Cleaner-Treating-Contaminated-Boats/dp/B005VEPARI[/ame]

4. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Egg cup ful of "Milton" in each fill & Drain will help..

It will take the smell of vinegar out of a bottle and steralise, so should help..

And peace of mind.. :thumb: