Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Well we got the van home last weekend, and although we used the hob to boil the kettle , we did not use the water at all(used bottled for kettle).
Well today I have been messing around with things, as you do and found out that the toilet flush water comes out oif the main tank, no problem I hear you say!! Well yes there is, the previous owner added pink toilet flush to the water tank :whatthe::whatthe:and now it is running out of the taps too!!!:Doh::Doh:
So I have now got to drain the tank, hopefully there is only a little water in, then flush the system through.
Anyone any idea how many times I will need to do this, I will not be using the water for drinking just washing up and ablusions etc.

I realize I may have posted this in the wrong p[lace, but I am still finding my way around the site!

Mark

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
read the label on the bottle to see it its harmful/toxic.

if not I'd drain the tank, refill and long flush through the taps/pipes and drain again then refill and flush the taps again and see if it has any taste.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
You could always use Biomagic tank cleaner see link

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/BioMagic-Cleaner-Treating-Contaminated-Boats/dp/B005VEPARI[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Egg cup ful of "Milton" in each fill & Drain will help..

It will take the smell of vinegar out of a bottle and steralise, so should help..

And peace of mind.. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back