water tank leak (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
We have a leak coming from the fresh water tank under the van, where the drainage hose meets the plastic grommet, the grommet then connects to the tank:cry: I've tried to seal it but it just isn't working so I think a new tank will need to be fitted :Doh: does anyone know where I can get one fitted as I suppose it would mean putting the van up on hydraulic ramps for easy access to work on :Sad:

Rob&Jane

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Have you got an inspection hatch on the top... ?

If so cant you put a new fitting in... :Cool:

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Can't find one anywhere mo:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hell Rob.
If you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any.:Smile:

I'm Told Grommet is unreliable:ROFLMAO: ( He drinks you know.):winky:

On a serious note try the
Gnomeahome forum (cant remember the technical name)

http://************************/ftopic-68995-0.html (its the Dark Side)

Best of Luck
Roger & Sheila.:Smile:::bigsmile:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If the tanks is underslung then the large access hole Mo mentioned will probably be on the top, if it has one, and the tank will need dropping to get to it.

Easy enough to remove the existing outlet and fit a new one.

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Just been and had another look, the fresh water hose where I pour water in runs at the back of a cupboard, then turns a little way and runs behind the fridge:Doh: so then must drop down in to the tank. Can't pull fridge out as its sealed in place. Our sink is directly above the fridge.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if u can hold out till malvern will take a good look at it there for ya rob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If the tanks is underslung then the large access hole Mo mentioned will probably be on the top, if it has one, and the tank will need dropping to get to it.

Easy enough to remove the existing outlet and fit a new one.

MMM Review (last page under Life Support) confirms that the tank is underslung I'm afraid.

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Have drained the tank and removed hose, grommet/plug. Cleaned and dried all bits and area, then refitted grommet/plug and sealed it:thumb: will wait till tonight till sealant is fully dry and then add a little more sealant. Will fit hose back on on Sunday morning. Then fill tank with fingers crossed.:RollEyes:

The main water filling pipe does run behind the fridge and then exits the van and is connected to the side of the water tank near the top, its amazing what you find out when laying on your back in the gravel:ROFLMAO:

Rob

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Have drained the tank and removed hose, grommet/plug. Cleaned and dried all bits and area, then refitted grommet/plug and sealed it:thumb: will wait till tonight till sealant is fully dry and then add a little more sealant. Will fit hose back on on Sunday morning. Then fill tank with fingers crossed.:RollEyes:

The main water filling pipe does run behind the fridge and then exits the van and is connected to the side of the water tank near the top, its amazing what you find out when laying on your back in the gravel:ROFLMAO:

Rob

yeah linda found a damp patch in the bedroom ceiling while on her back :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back