Water Tank Indicator problem? (1 Viewer)

Reaynger

Free Member
Aug 1, 2011
Caithness
Funster No
MH
Peugeot coachbuilt.
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I drained the fresh water tank for a weeks duration and partly filled it with perhaps 10 litres from a campers water bag using the wee pump because silly me lost the fitting to connect with the hose. Trouble is the needle meter thingy reading high like as if it is brimfull, can anyone have an idea what the problem is or am I overlooking a simple fix. I'm thinking some device inside the tank is stuck but have no idea how to unstick it. Thanks in advance. :Smile:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi, I drained the fresh water tank for a weeks duration and partly filled it with perhaps 10 litres from a campers water bag using the wee pump because silly me lost the fitting to connect with the hose. Trouble is the needle meter thingy reading high like as if it is brimfull, can anyone have an idea what the problem is or am I overlooking a simple fix. I'm thinking some device inside the tank is stuck but have no idea how to unstick it. Thanks in advance. :Smile:

Hi and :welcomefunster:
My water level has never worked properly and from other post's I have read they do not always work. I fill mine and either look at level through inspection hole or until it over flows.
Others may be along with a answer soon

Best of luck
Rob
:thumb::thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
most tank level sensors are a combination of probes of different lengths it could be you may have got a spider in your tank and it has spun a web across these probes thus making them read full.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never accurate, waste of time and not worth bothering about.

best indicator there is....if water comes out the tap you have water, if it doesnt you are out of water.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Depends on the age of the vehicle in question really

The older ones had a float, then the middle aged ones ( !! ) had a lovely system of a float with a magnetic strip on it that rose and fell on a plastic tube.. That tube had reed relays inside it that were switched on when said float was beside of the relays.

The newer ones are probably the most reliable as, just as Aba said, they are just a sensor from which the signal is amped up to give you a read out

Best advise as a quick try would be to fill the tank right up and let the levels drop naturally

Very often that will cure most evils :thumb:

Rob, what year is your van ?

Perhaps the gauge would be easier to repair than you think :Smile:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Depends on the age of the vehicle in question really

The older ones had a float, then the middle aged ones ( !! ) had a lovely system of a float with a magnetic strip on it that rose and fell on a plastic tube.. That tube had reed relays inside it that were switched on when said float was beside of the relays.

The newer ones are probably the most reliable as, just as Aba said, they are just a sensor from which the signal is amped up to give you a read out

Best advise as a quick try would be to fill the tank right up and let the levels drop naturally

Very often that will cure most evils :thumb:

Rob, what year is your van ?

Perhaps the gauge would be easier to repair than you think :Smile:

Hi Jaws
My van is a 2002 swift sundance

Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.