Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
With all the cold weather, like everybody else I have been bothered about the water tank freezing up, (I allways drain it when not in use) I was wondering whether anyone has tried these electric water heaters (12 volts) the type that fit inside the tank.
If you have tried them are they any use?. I have also heard you can get some that stick on the outside of the tank, but I have never seen them for sale anywhere, so does any one know where these can be obtained from?

Plasma

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Yes

Buy from cak tanks

Insulate tank/pipes as well and is, apparently, rated to -26.

I've used it down to -11 without issue

Only downside is power as I think it may be 25W (2A) draw. Fine if on hookup, but after 48 hours with heating on etc the battery starts to notice :)

We'd have been **** without it

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Whats a cat tank?, our tank froze up last week while we had the coldest week ever, we are fulltiming in skegness at the moment. we had to drain the system and hope that it hadnt done any damage, it hadn't luckily and now we are back with a full tank of water but would like to know what can be done to stop it happening again, the tank is insulated and we took someone's advice on another forum and poured 3 kettles of boiling water in i the tank to overnight with but would like an easier solution.
PS I know some of you would say....just try going to canada, it's colder there!!! :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
The Worlds worst name for a business ::bigsmile: Makes me think of sepic tanks!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back