Water spots/stains (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Not sure if they are visible on the pic, I have tried every product I've got but can't shift them looks like an overspill from the water filler to the left and all along to the wheelarch, I know the van was in Italy this summer so maybe the local water plus sunshine has caused it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20161127_134524.jpg
    20161127_134524.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
csd4t
Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks I've tried every polish I have (Autoglym etc etc) tried T Cut first. It seems as if it's etched onto the paintwork. I'll try to get another picture with a decent camera tomorrow. Just visible above the middle of the wheel arch but much worse and more of them in reality.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I thought this was another one of our incontinence threads:)

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Kettle Descaler.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Thanks I've tried every polish I have (Autoglym etc etc) tried T Cut first. It seems as if it's etched onto the paintwork. I'll try to get another picture with a decent camera tomorrow. Just visible above the middle of the wheel arch but much worse and more of them in reality.

Firstly please ditch the T cut... it's a vile petrochemical product that will be more likely to stain your paint than correct it. It's an ancient product that has no place on today's finishes.

T cut has almost no bite and Autoglym SRP is the same. You need a polish with just a wee bit more bite to correct paint that has severe water marking.

What can happen is the water can act as a magnifying glass which can allow the sun in extreme cases to lightly burn the lacquer on you vehicle.

Trust me when I say it is 98% certain the marks will polish out.

Check out the guide to polishing in the detailing section and come back to us.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I was just thinking today that I hadn't seen @Charlie on the forum for a while is he OK, so that answers my question(y)

Martin

Very well thanks Martin.. been busy renovating our bungalow and looking after my wife who has not been well at all recently. But we're fine. Hope you and yours are all good !!!!

OP
OP
csd4t
Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Better photo I hope, the spots are rough to the touch.

Attachments

• DSC_1672.JPG
    DSC_1672.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 44

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Apologies! I should have said "Kitchen" rather than "Kettle". Such as Cif.
In my experience, the water spots are caused by lime being deposited from hard water evaporating. I have the problem round my water filler, and it's cleared by kitchen limescale remover.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you think that's bad you ought to see ours! The filler cap doesn't seal (they come in two types apparently) so water can splosh around inside the filler tube and out through the filler cap ... it's a right mess most of the time and a pig to clean - we're in a hard water area however it leaves marks regardless of where we've filled up, ie here or abroad.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Apologies! I should have said "Kitchen" rather than "Kettle". Such as Cif.
In my experience, the water spots are caused by lime being deposited from hard water evaporating. I have the problem round my water filler, and it's cleared by kitchen limescale remover.

Sorry but none of the kitchen products should go near automotive paintwork or any materials used on the outsides of Motorhome construction. You could and likely would cause permanent damage.

Hard water or poor quality products or wrong products can result in spotting and made worse by sunlight. All can be corrected using the right products techniques and of tools.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Better photo I hope, the spots are rough to the touch.

Rough to touch indicates damage simply not caused by water spotting. I'm wondering if something has splashed on ot contaminated the surface.. looking at the pictures it's a composite panel and not automotive paint on metal like say a PVC .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back