Water safety valve dumps water when pump is on (1 Viewer)

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
I have a water valve that is closed when the temperature in the van goes too low - and then it dumps all the water in the tank. This prevents us accidentally leaving water in that might freeze.

Now it's started dumping water - but only when the water pump is activated (e.g. by turning on a tap). The valve is definitely at the "open" (not triggered) position, and if I manually move it to "closed" (triggered) it starts to dump water as it should, whether the pump is on or not.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Regards

--Andrew

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Are you sure it is the dump valve? It would help if you said which type of valve and which heater, from your avatar of your van a good guess would be a Truma C6002 with the electric dump valve.
There will be another tube under the floor close to the dump valve this goes to a T piece in the side at the top of the boiler. The T piece will be either red or grey, it has a valve in it that allows air out when the boiler is filling, they often fail and I suspect this is your problem. They are available from Leisure Shop Direct about a tenner.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
My guess would be ... The seal is sticking or has a foreign body stuck in it... Hence pressure when tap is on dumping water...

There is a thread on here... Where it shows that they can be dismantled and sorted... In the case of the thread ... It was a problem with "something" and dismantling it allowed him/her to sort it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
Thanks for that - I was thinking the same thing and had just started to search for a Burstner replacement valve when I thought - "what's that yellow lever next to it"? So reading the manual sometimes helps... turns out that it's the water drain valve. We've never used it (we use the plug in the bottom of the tank) but it must have been left open (closed) when it had it's habitation service last week... strange that it only drains water when you turn the pump on, but I guess that's by design. Always something to learn!

--A

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Thanks for that - I was thinking the same thing and had just started to search for a Burstner replacement valve when I thought - "what's that yellow lever next to it"? So reading the manual sometimes helps... turns out that it's the water drain valve. We've never used it (we use the plug in the bottom of the tank) but it must have been left open (closed) when it had it's habitation service last week... strange that it only drains water when you turn the pump on, but I guess that's by design. Always something to learn!

--A
its the safety valve for the boiler and water will not reach it untill the pump has filled the tank

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back