Water pumped into the cupboard (1 Viewer)

300wrx

Free Member
Jun 29, 2008
Funster No
Good job I did not fill up the water tank to capacity, the sink tap failed and the pump decided to pump out all the water, luckily the towels soaked up a great deal of the water. A lesson learnt , turn off the pump when not in. If I was in the motorhome I would have heard the pump running and avoided a big clean up. Pressure systems are ok but possibly the micro switch systems may have avoided this problem as the pump only runs on request. Any thoughts?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes all you need is a small leak and your pump will push every bit of water on board through it. Been there:Doh:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i always like to build a switch by the sink so unless you turn the tap and flick the switch you dont get the pump to work. get in to the habit of always turnig thevswitch for the tap off . its not faultless but have seen so many with a leaky system pumping water every where. cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi...

There's nothing more disheartening than a water leak....

Luck you are in the middle of a forecast heatwave.

Hope you get it all dried out .

Our old bus has a main water pump switch just inside the door and another for the other tank by the bunk beds.

I always make sure they are switched off....Just in case.:thumb:

As you say....Sod's law says that this is always going to happen when you are away from the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back