Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
After my battle to sort the toilet out I hoped for a peaceful few days, but no! Just filled the water tank. Switched the pump on. Can hear it working. But just a splutter from the taps. Might be an airlock but not sure how to get the water flowing! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
normally just let it run it should clear

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Have tried that Ukbill can still hear pump but no water!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
at times i have let mine run for ages to clear is it both hot and cold ya not getting

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
That's right. Turned kitchen and bathroom taps on. They are both h& c mixer. At first their was an air gushing sound with spurting water but now nothing at all. The pump is still running

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We usually just keep turning the taps on and off, eventually the spurts turn into a steady stream, just be patient, it WILL happen.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hit it with a hammer -if that does not work hit it with a bigger hammer and buy a new pump (y) Try the first suggestion -honestly it may be air locked at the pump ;) also check pipes for tightness if all fails go to second hammer
terry

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
I open all the taps to hot as the air in the boiler has to go out as it fills up with the water then you get the spluttering then the water ,then turn the taps from hot to cold till you get a flow of water on all tap including the shower ,best do the most away from the boiler ,forgot to say the boiler has a anti freeze plug switch on mine which has pulled up so the water stays in boiler ,and there is a little open valve going to the taps, which when you are emptying the water from your drinking water tank you open it and you push the freeze button down and open all taps open with the water pump switch off so it can drain all the water away for winter etc hope this is any good for you (y)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I'm assuming your water heater is full, as no water will flow till it's full which may take a while (might be 5-10 minutes). If it is full then you can try sucking it to help the pump to prime. Turn off all the taps except the shower, take off the shower head and have a good suck on the hose. This often works (and gives you a facefull of water.)

Edit,: also make sure the water heater drain tap has not opened, though if it has you will get water flowing, just out the bottom of the van.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just a thought..
The dump valve for the boiler is not open perchance ?

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Problem solved!!! Thanks for all the helpful tips! I finally crawled into the garage with my mallet determined to hit something! After exploring round the boiler and pipe work I discovered a loose electrical connection on the ware pump. A little twiddle and suddenly flowing hot and cold water. What a relief.
Now all I have to worry about is my operation next week to treat prostrate cancer. Life's a bitch but at least my waterworks are flowing!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back