LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Our water pump has gone caput. Having scoured these boards for advice we have bought a replacement pump
Broken Link Removed
If you scroll down on the marcle leisure page it shows a diagram that suggest you may have to cut a bit off the pump. Is this correct? It looks like the picture may have it the wrong way round.
My husband is going to attempt fitting the new pump himself. Any advice?
I did read somewhere that a recent MMM mag edition had instructions for fitting a pump, but although we get the magazine we can't find the article. Does anyone know if that's right and which magazine its in? Lots of thanks
Should have said our van is a Hymer B524L 2008 if that makes any difference.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
You MAY need to cut the end bit off depending on the size of your pipework.
The pump is designed to fit different size pipes,

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you can hear the pump working but no water moving, Sometimes you get an airlock in the pump, in which case, jiggle it up and down in the water tank. You can also get an airlock in the system.
Empty all water out and try again.
If no electric at all, check fuse and connections.
I don't remember cutting anything when I replaced mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No need to cut anything on pump, it is a straight swop on the Hymer.. just remember to take the filter screen off the bottom of the old pump and fit to the new.. .. it just clips on the bottom of the pump.

and you may need some push on crimp terminals to connect it.. depends on how yours is terminated..

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The MMM issue was August 2015. We have had problems with our water supply too, getting worse over the past 12 months. I find I have to flush the air out of the system more frequently now, when before just once on arrival did the trick. Other replies about the ease of fitting a new pump (which appear easier than the method covered in MMM) are welcome and reassuring.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for the advice so far. I will search out the copy of MMM. Also thanks for mentioning the filter. We hadn't realised you needed to keep that. I think our pump has definitely "gone" as it doesn't make a sound. While we've been away it has occasionally started up again and then failed. We ordered the new pump while we were away and came back home to it yesterday. Tomorrow is D day for fitting. :))

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm no tech wizard but if you can't get a copy of the mag, I can take pictures of the article on my iPhone and email them to you if need be (you'd have to PM me a suitable email address)

Gary

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
He fell in the tank and not found his way out yet.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Folks
Thanks to Gary for offering the to send details from the mag and everyone else for their help. The fitting went well. It was actually very easy being a straight swap. We took it to Lincoln for 3 days just to test it out :))))

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hi Folks
Thanks to Gary for offering the to send details from the mag and everyone else for their help. The fitting went well. It was actually very easy being a straight swap. We took it to Lincoln for 3 days just to test it out :))))
You left it running in Lincoln for three days? That was a waste of water don't you think!:whistle: :LOL:

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
The MMM issue was August 2015. We have had problems with our water supply too, getting worse over the past 12 months. I find I have to flush the air out of the system more frequently now, when before just once on arrival did the trick. Other replies about the ease of fitting a new pump (which appear easier than the method covered in MMM) are welcome and reassuring.
mine did this and it was traced to the bog which takes the water from the fresh water tank (cs200) it was the electric one way valve gumming up staying open slightly and leaking air into the system

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back