LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Last week my water pump stopped working, it would “hunt” with no water coming out of the taps or “run on” after the taps were closed. I had a look and felt drips coming from the pump head main body. As we were touring in the lakes I dropped into a local service company who had a pump in stock and fitted it for me. All seems well the pump is working 100% ok but on getting home I noticed the new pump (a shurflo) is rated with a pressure switch of 45psi whilst the old pump was only 20psi (it was a posiflo make). As everything seems to working ok should I concerned at the different psi rating?

Looking at the old pump there is scaling or staining coming from 3 or more places between the main joint. I presume air has been getting in here and causing the problem, is it worth reconditioning this pump? Is it just a clean out and make a new seal job or is them more to it. I noticed new heads are not much cheaper than a new pump.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Last week my water pump stopped working, it would “hunt” with no water coming out of the taps or “run on” after the taps were closed. I had a look and felt drips coming from the pump head main body. As we were touring in the lakes I dropped into a local service company who had a pump in stock and fitted it for me. All seems well the pump is working 100% ok but on getting home I noticed the new pump (a shurflo) is rated with a pressure switch of 45psi whilst the old pump was only 20psi (it was a posiflo make). As everything seems to working ok should I concerned at the different psi rating?

Looking at the old pump there is scaling or staining coming from 3 or more places between the main joint. I presume air has been getting in here and causing the problem, is it worth reconditioning this pump? Is it just a clean out and make a new seal job or is them more to it. I noticed new heads are not much cheaper than a new pump.

It sounds to me like the new pump is just better. You'll probably find the shower runs more powerfully. However, there is a slight chance the higher pressure will find leaks elsewhere. 45psi is 3 bar, which is at the expensive end of typical values for a house shower pump.

I wouldn't bother fixing the old one myself.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
It sounds to me like the new pump is just better. You'll probably find the shower runs more powerfully. However, there is a slight chance the higher pressure will find leaks elsewhere. 45psi is 3 bar, which is at the expensive end of typical values for a house shower pump.

I wouldn't bother fixing the old one myself.

thanks for that info, I allways though the pressure referd to the drop needed to activate the pump, not the amount of pressure the pump produces in throughput of water.

it has worked fine for a nearly a week with no leaks Ive noticed and no running of the pump without activation so i suppose all is well.

anybody want a pump motor?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
ok here's the situation, Brian ( I cant remember) whould like my old water pump, hes going to Peterbourgh, Im not unfortunatly but I will be going to Clumber park CC site next weekend, so if anybody could pick it up form me and pass it on, it would be a FUNSTER recyle thing.

I'll be leaving south Doncaster Friday 1:30 to 2:30 ish, arriving a Cp CC site about a hour later, can body help out

CANCLE that, just realised Peterourgh is not nextweekend, but the weekend after,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
all sorted, funster taxi service strikes again,many thanks to Dave (manda3000gt) for helping out:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back