Water pump pressure adjustment

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Terran, May 30, 2014.

1. Terran

Terran Funster

Can anyone help with the location of the water pump pressure adjuster on a 2013 Auto-Sleeper Broadway FB? Ever since I connected mains water hose at a site last month, it continually pumps when switched on and refuses to stop when the tap is turned off. :Sad:
    Typical newbie question I know, but any help would be gratefully received. :thumb:

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

the pressure switch is part of the pump itself and is only adjustable over a small range. if you connected a hose with too high a pressure, it will of permanently damaged the switch. also make sure you dont now have a leak in the system caused by over pressure

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if connecting to 'city' water (tap or standpipe) always use a pressure reducer.

UK mains water pressure varies by area and can be far too high for motorhome plumbing.

City water connection should bypass the water pump (different pipes from connection point to the taps and boiler) so i cant see that being the problem.......but thebig1 has probably hit the nail.......a water leak caused by over pressure on city connection.