water pump not working

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by haddy, Apr 28, 2016.

1. haddy

haddy Funster

Hi guys i have a hymer 644 & water pump has stopped working dose anyone know if they have a fuse that could have blown i can find one anywhere or could it be the pump thats goosed it was all working fine last time i was out in the van any help appreciated

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Mine recently went in Spain, if you look on the Elektroblok you will see a brown fuse with Pompe to signify it is the fuse for that item. Had mine changed at Hymer Gandia but unfortunately they only supply the Hymer branded one. Going to buy a spare when back in the UK.

Mike

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. wingman

wingman Funster

@haddy

When you say it's not working, is it making no noise, or is it just not pumping? Just make sure first that your dump valve hasn't operated and dumped all of your fresh water. We have had really frosty mornings lately and the valve will operate in these conditions to prevent freezing damage..

Just a thought.

5. haddy

haddy Funster

Thanks for the quick reply I've found the problem pumps are working fine it's the little switch inside the tap that was sticking all sorted now thanks

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Worth carrying a spare switch as well as a spare pump if you spend much time abroad or in remote areas.

7. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

As a short term fix I used when we had the same problem (well similar anyway) if say the faulty tap is the kitchen (ours was) open tap nothing happens, open bathroom tap as little as possible just enough to move switch, water comes out of kitchen

dribble at worst in bathroom. Very small waste, problem sorted till it can be sorted properly

It might only work with pressurised systems though (y)