LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
My water pump keeps coming on so at a guess i must have a water leak somewhere its an Elddis Aspire where would the best place to look? The motorhome is under warranty but i would like to know the best place to look if it happens in France

Andy

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Are you losing water? If not sometimes the pressure switch on the pump leaks (pressure leak not water) and the pump will cycle for a couple of seconds to rebuild the pressure. Mine does it sometimes usually when a tap has not been used for some time, usually in the middle of the night.

Could also be a bit of dirt in the diaphram preventing a good pressure seal

John

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Err, excuse me for asking a seemingly completely daft Q - have you tried the switch first? - only that happened to us first time out in the van (we'd had it exactly 6 days) after crossing to France!

Turned out the baccy Pete had stashed in the locker at Adinkerke about an hour earlier had fallen over ! Of course he didn't think of checking that at first ........

:ROFLMAO: :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
water pump keeps coming on

We had this problem earlier in the year whilst in Spain.
It turned out to be caused by a tiny leak in the water pump.

Brisey.

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thanks for your replys i cant find any water leak i am going home tomorrow so will have a proper look, Jenny which switch?

Andy

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi if you cannot find a small leak (wrap all jionts you can find with a bit of loo roll :winky:)then the seals in the pump are gone :whatthe: you need either new seals or a new pump --take it back for a new pump :thumb: don't let them change seals :Smile:
terry

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Just been under the bed to have a good look though i had found a leak well it looked like a leak but no water strange i also managed to cut my head whilst trying to have a good look think i will have a shower and go to the pub

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
It only takes the tiniest leak to make the pump thro in, and often it can really take some finding. The loo paper already said is a good way if you can get to all the joints. The seal that goes between the two halves of the pump is a favourite, especially if you didnt drain it completely last winter. After a midnight flood from the toilet valve a couple of years back, we always turn the pump off at night now.

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

had simler turned out to be leaking seal in tap in washroom, easy to fit like a figure three ooo,s:cry:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Have a look at the little dump valve that dumps the water from the hot water storage cylinder to see if it is weeping. Check where it exits under your van.
This can cause a drop in pressure and make the pump cycle.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back