Water pump change on Hymer B544SL (1 Viewer)

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I have a 2007 Hymer B544SL and the water pump has just packed up. Have disconnected the pipes but have a problem with the power lead. It is attached to the pump with no obvious signs of how to disconnect it. The white cable disappears between the double floor and I wonder if anyone has changed the Tandem pump and can they tell me where the cable terminates please.

Mike

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Rather than do more dismantling, why don't you cut into it where you can get to it? Connect the new leads to the old with crimp connectors. I'm about to do the same with mine.

OP
OP
Xabia

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks Steven, I was considering that as an alternative if I am unable to trace the cable to it's end. As the pump comes with a metre of cable I am wondering if it plugs into the EBL.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Normally, the cable will go to a connector block to which it is attached with spade connectors. Very unlikely that it goes right back to the EBL. The cable does not disconnect from the pump and the new pump will come with a cable that has two bare ends to which you will need to connect new spade connectors - AFTER you have threaded it through the tank top from which it is suspended! Can you look up into the double floor void with a torch and see if you can locate the supplying connector block?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As @JeanLuc said... on mine the pump cable connector is clipped on the underside of the floor .. just at the side of the floor hatch.

NB>>> don't do as I did..

when I changed mine I didn't take note of the wire colours ... so I reconnected 'blue to blue' and 'brown to brown'... as you do...

WRONG .. Hymer use Blue as + positive and Brown as - negative.. get it the wrong way and the pump still works but the flow is greatly reduced.. so it's Blue to Brown and Brown to Blue ..

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
As @JeanLuc said... on mine the pump cable connector is clipped on the underside of the floor .. just at the side of the floor hatch.

NB>>> don't do as I did..

when I changed mine I didn't take note of the wire colours ... so I reconnected 'blue to blue' and 'brown to brown'... as you do...

WRONG .. Hymer use Blue as + positive and Brown as - negative.. get it the wrong way and the pump still works but the flow is greatly reduced.. so it's Blue to Brown and Brown to Blue ..
A very good and timely reminder Jim, when it comes to Vehicle and especially domestic electricity TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED use a meter and double check
like all electricians and Mechanics do!! Dont they Jim:whistle: ps remind me again Jim what did you do for a living:LOL:
Yes us "Pros" are our own worst enemy cos we know it all:gum:
So you DIY'ers do as we say not as we do:blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes us "Pros" are our own worst enemy cos we know it all:gum:
yes, very true..

'pros' can become over confident.. that's when you are liable to get a bite on the bum ..

but it does look odd when you see wire connections with the colours mismatched.. somehow it feels all wrong and you instinctively want to 'put it right' ..

OP
OP
Xabia

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks for all the replies. Have now sussed it, the cable from the pump had been lead from the access panel towards the left and then doubled back some distance away before returning to the block connector. Where it was folded back in a very sharp return it was trapped between the water pipes. A cautious pull on the cable freed it and when I get a new pump after the holiday period here in Spain it will be an easy job to fit the new one.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
In case you are not aware, there is no need to buy the Hymer branded pump at a premium. It is a standard Reich twin-barrel 19 litres per minute pump with the non-return valve built into the outlet spigot. Costs around £36 and is available from Marcle Leisure and Leisureshop Direct to name two.
DSC_4482.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back