Free Member
Jul 13, 2016
Bramley
Funster No
MH
CI Carioca 694
Exp
3 months
Hi, we have a 2011 Ci Carioca 694 purchased second hand 3 months ago. It has two fresh water tanks, one on the rear and one nearside. From reading reviews online, it would appear that this was a prototype, and the normal model only had the nearside one. My problem, and the dealer appears to be stumped as well, is that the water system doesn't automatically switch from one tank to the other, as you would think they should ! It seems to use the water in the rear tank first, but then nothing ! The other tank is still full ! Am I missing something ? Advice would be much appreciated ! Thanks.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Not being funny, but if it is a prototype then by definition, it is the only one so nobody else is likely to know. Have you tried tracing the pipes from the full tank, assuming there are pipes to it?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you had a look to see if there is a water feed pipe from one to the other with a 'stop' tap on it so if you only want to use one tank you can isolate the other, eg if you don't want to carry a lot of water around?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Glyn Dunn

Free Member
Jul 13, 2016
Bramley
Funster No
MH
CI Carioca 694
Exp
3 months
Thanks for that, I read in an online review that the one they were reviewing had the same two tanks, it was dated 2011, so I was hoping that they may had decided to make others like it ! I'm currently on holiday in it , just wondered if there was a valve that needed opening, or, if anyone had come across a similar problem.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Woluld it be that one tank service's the shower/toilet? And the other galley area ?
The reasoning is on my latest van ,after being told I was dribbling on corners I found that there are two waste tanks at the rear the shower and toilet sink.separate grey waste tap in a awkward to get to area.
One of the jobs on my list a bit of pipework to divert to the easy to get to tap on the front tank .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had 2 waste tanks on a Rimor we had - as it was a rear wheel drive with the kitchen on one side in front of the rear axle, and the shower on the other side behind the rear axle, there's no way it could just have one as the pipework couldn't get across ... we had to remember to empty both which was a pain in the bum as the emptying points were in 2 different places!

I suppose the 2nd tank IS definitely a fresh water one?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The second one isn't a flush tank for the toilet is it?

OP
OP
G

Glyn Dunn

Free Member
Jul 13, 2016
Bramley
Funster No
MH
CI Carioca 694
Exp
3 months
Nice idea, and make's sense, but taps on both sinks weren't working either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back