Water problem..... (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Tested all the appliances today and found a leak, the non return valve under the fridge that supplies the outside shower on the hot hose has broken....
It's made of some sort of plastic and has disintegrated over the last 10yrs and split, for now I have taken the return valve out of the equation and just connected the hose straight to the out side tap....

Now, do I really need to get another? Or what would the consequences be of not having a return valve other then the hot water draining back to the boiler...?

Any thoughts gratefully received (y)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It was probably fitted as a security measure to ensure nothing unpleasant could get back up the line from the outside tap to the fresh water tank. If it were me, I'd replace it - they are very cheap. Here is a selection from a search on the Leisureshop Direct site: https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/search/?q=non-return valve

Having looked at it again as I had to take the shower panel off the side of the van because putting the hot hose back on I noticed the cold leaking as well and it was a pain trying to sort it under the fridge, so I think the non return on the hot is so the cold Water does not push back up the hot...?

Anyway I now have to get a new shower panel as the old one has gone brittle and putting it back on the screws popped through...!
Don't you just love it when a ten minute two Bob job turns into something nearly major...!:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back