Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi folks
We had our first weekend away in the MH this weekend, really as a trial run before our big trip to France in a couple of weeks.
The water pressure is poor in the MH. At the kitchen sink it fluctuates between a trickle and something a bit stronger - tho not as strong as in our caravan.
The basin pressure is fine. The shower is so poor that I ran out of hot water before I'd finished rinsing my (short) hair.
I don't know whether this is a fault or if there is something I should be doing that I haven't done. Similarly no idea where the pump is!
... well this is the beginner's page LOL
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Mags

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Hi folks
We had our first weekend away in the MH this weekend, really as a trial run before our big trip to France in a couple of weeks.
The water pressure is poor in the MH. At the kitchen sink it fluctuates between a trickle and something a bit stronger - tho not as strong as in our caravan.
The basin pressure is fine. The shower is so poor that I ran out of hot water before I'd finished rinsing my (short) hair.
I don't know whether this is a fault or if there is something I should be doing that I haven't done. Similarly no idea where the pump is!
... well this is the beginner's page LOL
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Mags

All of the taps including the shower work from the same pump. This is usually inside the water tank and is operated by microswitches in the taps/shower.

Low presure should not stop the hot water as this is pushed out by cold water being pumped into the hot water tank.

Did you just run out of Hot water (ie still supplying cold water instead)? or did the flow stop altogether?
Did the pump stop working (making a noise)?
Did you have plenty of water in the tank?

The pipes that supply the taps could need to be looked at. Are there any kinks that could be restricting the flow along them?

John

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mags John is partly right :thumb: your taps may not have micro switches :winky: but you may have a pressurised system ie pump keeps water under pressure until a tap is opened :thumb:Either way the pump supplies all the taps :thumb:Sounds more like a kink in the pipework
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Had the same problem whilst at Malvern this weekend,it was the small filter in the kitchen tap spout that was blocked with limescale.
Screwed it off gave it a good cleanout and hay presto...perfect.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I'll take a look tomorrow. The strange thing is that the flow to the kitchen sink fluctuates between a thin trickle and a good flow. The flow from the shower head is tiny ... I guess it could be limescale. We're not in a lime water area but the van came up from Darlington - I've no idea what their water is like!
If nothing simple emerges I'll get back to the dealer.
Thanks folks for advice.
Mags

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I'll take a look tomorrow. The strange thing is that the flow to the kitchen sink fluctuates between a thin trickle and a good flow. The flow from the shower head is tiny ... I guess it could be limescale. We're not in a lime water area but the van came up from Darlington - I've no idea what their water is like!
If nothing simple emerges I'll get back to the dealer.
Thanks folks for advice.
Mags
By there very nature motorhomes move around,so I wouldnt worry about the water quality in Darlington.
If its spent an time at all in Spain where the water is full of calk that quite easily could be the problem.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Another question before I go up to the MH and look at the filters.
I'm feeling really dim here but I have no idea where the pump on switch is. All I've seen in the van is an electrical control panel in the wardrobe with 3 switches (all turned on) - they are not marked. Then there is the over door control panel that tells me the state of batteries, water and waste etc. Currently fresh water is 75%
I've been reading articles about MH water systems and many discuss the sound of the pump when opening taps. I was well used to this in the caravan. In the MH there is no sound from a pump at all. I'm concerned that I haven't turned something on that I should have and this is the problem.
Under the habitation floor there are two hatches. I assume one for fresh and one for waste water tank access. I didn't think to look in there other than to peer in and think 'that's interesting'.
I know this is difficult, especially as a Geist Touring isn't a common model of MH but I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me a clue where I might find a pump switch.
Thanks folks
Mags

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back