Water Pooling in Living Room Window (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
So here is another of my early tech questions on the Swift Escape 696 (had the van 12 days now)

I have noticed a couple of times after or during rain that I am getting a pool of water building up in the bottom left hand corner of the plastic pop out window where the table and chairs are.

Its mopped up in the picture bar a few drops and was not excessively pooling onto the floor (mainly because I caught it early) but I dare say given a proper lengthily rain spell id have to leave a towel down to catch it.

It makes sense where it is re its parked slightly downhill so that would be the natural run to point. But should they let in any water at all? I would hope for a better seal. Or am I hoping for to much from a coach build? Its a 2015 with 3000miles on it.

Thanks

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
You're not hoping for too much. it should be waterproof. it may be the window seal leaking but if you have a warranty I would take it back to the dealer . It may also be worth demanding a damp check or doing your own

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
So here is another of my early tech questions on the Swift Escape 696 (had the van 12 days now)

I have noticed a couple of times after or during rain that I am getting a pool of water building up in the bottom left hand corner of the plastic pop out window where the table and chairs are.

Its mopped up in the picture bar a few drops and was not excessively pooling onto the floor (mainly because I caught it early) but I dare say given a proper lengthily rain spell id have to leave a towel down to catch it.

It makes sense where it is re its parked slightly downhill so that would be the natural run to point. But should they let in any water at all? I would hope for a better seal. Or am I hoping for to much from a coach build? Its a 2015 with 3000miles on it.

Thanks

Its a lot worse than description, if its reached the smoke alarm!

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
@davidathomas42 Is it water ingress or condensation, i am continually drying ours this weather when the heating is on, but if the van is unoccupied it isn't a problem.

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Happy enough to call the company to sort it under warranty. Just wanted to see if this is a regular issue that everyone deals with or a faulty item.
Will give them a call tomorrow over that and the smoke detector

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think you will find that the water goes in behind the rubber seal at the top of the window and then runs around the seal before coming out inside, if it get in it should come out under the seal to the outside.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We had that problem on our 201Swift Bessecarr
Get it checked by the dealer assp as it may be more serious than it looks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries