Water pipe connections, rebuilding engine (1 Viewer)

trinity

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Funster No
Recently our engine was wrecked by cam belt failure [ 2.5 diesel 1990 Sofin 8144.67 ], we stripped it before Xmas & now have it reconned & back. We have been putting it back together but our memory is not good on one part, we took plenty of pics but missed the front end.
We have refitted the metal pipe which snakes under the crank pulley, we have fitted a hose from the oil filter housing to one end of this pipe, the other end finishes behind the water pump, what does this connect to? we also found a threaded hole in the front of the head just above the engine mount, we believe an outlet screws into this which we have found in the bits but it had a short piece of pipe on it? Where does this connect to?
So basically I have 2 connections which I believe are both water?

Sorry about the length but it is difficult to describe.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I think you need to post some photos of the offending bits to allow clarification :Smile:

OP
OP
T

trinity

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Funster No
I will try tomorrow, too cold out there at present. It's a mates van I am helping him with although it's stuck up my drive with my Talbot Pullman ::bigsmile: it looks like I am going into the sales business.
I was hoping somebody else had an old van they could take a quick peek at.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

trinity

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Funster No
Hopefully this pic will help. The small pipe off the larger pipe is fed from the expansion tank. The other 2 outlets are my problem, it looks like they may be linked but the stub in the head had a small pipe on as in the pic and I can't find any spare hose about, it's a bit baffling.

Attachments

• IMG_3800.jpg
    IMG_3800.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trinity

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Funster No
Hi, Cab heater hoses are at the back & accounted for.

Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just had a look at my 2.8ltr but, as i thought, its a different layout.

do you have any hoses that look like they may be long enough.....it may just be a by-pass hose between the two stubs.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just had another thought......in your pic the exhaust manifold isnt connected....could it be a coolant hose to the turbo or similar.

OP
OP
T

trinity

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for the reply, we are waiting for exhaust manifold gaskets, the engine is non turbo & I can't find a spare hose about that looks like it may fit.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
worth a try.....sorry, run out of ideas without actually seeing it.

i'm sure some one will have the same year and be able to help.

OP
OP
T

trinity

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Funster No
Ok, I have sussed my problem with help from other Forums & this one, I have put the stub with the short hose in the wrong hole [ this is a sender hole ] & the hole I put a sender in which is where I thought it came from is for the stub [ it's just under the large pipe ] [ talk of the exhaust manifold made something click ] & the hose fits.

Thanks for the help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back