water not draining from bathroom sink

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Goldenoldies, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Goldenoldies

Goldenoldies Funster

The water is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow to drain from the bathroom sink. Kitchen sink and shower ok. Have taken it apart at the sink end all seems well, got underneath to where the pipe enters the waste tank but can't get to as chassis in the way. The only way to disconnect is drop the tank and that's not happening. I can't see any fault with the pipe so wondering what will clear it other than a plunger (a bit heavy handed, did this before and it cost me a new sink ).

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Is the m/h level? Could be an air lock in the pipe.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

My version of the plunger usually works well - a plastic bottle with a neck that roughly fits the plug 'ole. Hold it firmly in place then squeeze the bottle hard.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Happycampers1

Happycampers1 Read Only Funster

I had the same problem with my kitchen sink. Tried blasting it with plunger and it went eventually but blocked again. I then replaced the entire pipe making sure that it was not able to form airlocks and still no better.The thing that eventually solved it was leaving the drain valve open into a waste water roller instead of the onboard storage. Now works every time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terry

Terry Funster

sounds like the waste pipe may be into the tank too much --They only need to be a inch or so into the tank-(don't ask)-if more then it will slow the water down a lot once the end is into the tank water level -
    if you can get to the water pipe tank enter bit simply pull it back out and /or shorten it
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

wet and dry hoover suck your pips clean and Make sure you live the drain tap open then put six calgon tabs in a bucket of very hot water and poor down the plug hole's
    good luck

• Like Like x 1
  8. robert groves

robert groves Funster

Hi, I had a similar problem, turned out to be the 'open' vent, normaly a short stub of pipe from the highest point on the side of the tank, the end had become blocked with dirt, used a pencil to clear it, problem fixed...

• Like Like x 1