Water marks on body how to get rid (1 Viewer)

alan1949

Free Member
Sep 11, 2009
Funster No
Hi folks getting a load of water streaks down body of motorhome any one know a nice easy way to clean em off & keep them off.liquid to use etc, any suggestions much oblidged.
thanks chums. alan.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
fenwicks black streak remover.

then a good polish...

you may get them off but its a part of motohoming....you'll never irradicate them. :Sad:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Clean off with Fenwicks Motorhome Cleaner, I used to find their Bobby Dazzler which is used to wash off the cleaner quite good. As last post states you will never stop streaking, I have a PVC now and find its conventional painted steel 100% easier to keep clean than a fibre glass style coachbuilt etc. Used polish on previous fibre glass vans, nice to start with but gradually seemed to attract even more dirt found Fenwicks simple to use and best overall but I know there are many different views.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
Try your local POUND-STRETCHER they do a trigger spray of 'tar & insect remover' at £1 a bottle, a generous spray then wash as usual. Simples

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi folks getting a load of water streaks down body of motorhome any one know a nice easy way to clean em off & keep them off.liquid to use etc, any suggestions much oblidged.
thanks chums. alan.:thumb:

Elbow Grease - in a spray bottle, cost around 99p and it is brilliant, will take away the stains with just one squirt. Fantastic for cooker, shower anywhere, we use it at home and in the motorhome.

It beats the expensive Fenwicks hands down, although we do use the Fenwicks to wash and (supposedly) seal the paintwork.

Ginny

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
After seeing it suggested on here, we tried baby wipes last week and they worked well.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I have a commercial washing brush, which is just like a broom with a hollow handle with a hose pipe connected to it, so the water flows through the handle and the brush. Makes washing the van easy, and when you hold the brush just above those PVC panels on the side of the van, so the water goes behind them, its amazing how much muck washes out from behind them.

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Fenwicks motorhome cleaner diluted 10-1 and applied with trigger spraye. Needs rinsing off though cos I find its a bit chalky if you dont. Need to give mine a good autoglymn soon. ::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Any stubborn ones, I wipe away when polishing by using a drop of WD40.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Baby wipes certainly work, they are also very good for removing dead fly's etc, someone somewhere suggested Lidls Bathroom Mousse, i have purchased a spray can of it but haven't used it yet, so not sure how well it works, has anyone else tried it yet.

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I use Lidl bathroom mousse and it does the job well, the only thing is the stains do come back:cry:.
Anybody got any recommendations on how to get a shine on the Fiat bonnet, mine always seems dull even after a Polish.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
A cloth soaked in baby oil. But once it rains it will be dull again .... the bonnet not the car. When you see kitchens advertised on tv and they look all shiny, apparently they are wiped over with baby oil, I am informed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back