Water leak near Truma Ultrastore boiler (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi
Just found water posed near my Truma Ultrastore boiler - the boiler is standing on a ply shelf and the water is under the ply but it looks to be dripping there from the black tray at the base of the heater
There are no leaks in any of the pipework either around the tank or where the hot and cold pipes attached.

Are there any seals or that around the tank at where it could be leaking?

Richard

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The metal "tray" at the bottom of the ultrastore has an exit drain hole to the bottom of the outer vent, any moisture coming from the water container should exit via this drain hole. Note: there can be some water exiting via this drain hole when first fired up due to condensation on the outside of the water container which will be full of very cold water initially. Check the drain tube hasn't become blocked first.

D.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
I had a similar experience and found it was one of the plastic pipes on the tap supply side the had an intermittent leak where it connected to boiler.
Needed to be a bloody contortionist to get the jubblie clip tight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Good news - Found the problem - Bad news - Expensive repair!

Phone CaraTech a local mobile service repair guy at 9pm to see if he could come tomorrow to have a look and he said he would come round tonight - great service

Anyway, found the drip by turning on the gas burner and heating up the tank - when it gets hot a bead of water drips down the outside of the main tank from neat the top welded seal...he says he has seen similar caused by using stuff like Milton to clean them...

New part being ordered and repair will get done asap

Richard

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
We have been warned off Milton too

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I had the same problem as you describe , the guy fixed mine by having it welded instead of replacing the part ,which I think saved me a lot of money .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back