Water leak near Truma Ultrastore boiler

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by RichardB, Apr 28, 2016.

1. RichardB

RichardB Funster

Hi
    Just found water posed near my Truma Ultrastore boiler - the boiler is standing on a ply shelf and the water is under the ply but it looks to be dripping there from the black tray at the base of the heater
    There are no leaks in any of the pipework either around the tank or where the hot and cold pipes attached.

Are there any seals or that around the tank at where it could be leaking?

Richard

2. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

The metal "tray" at the bottom of the ultrastore has an exit drain hole to the bottom of the outer vent, any moisture coming from the water container should exit via this drain hole. Note: there can be some water exiting via this drain hole when first fired up due to condensation on the outside of the water container which will be full of very cold water initially. Check the drain tube hasn't become blocked first.

D.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. berni109

berni109 Funster

I had a similar experience and found it was one of the plastic pipes on the tap supply side the had an intermittent leak where it connected to boiler.
    Needed to be a bloody contortionist to get the jubblie clip tight.

4. RichardB

RichardB Funster

Good news - Found the problem - Bad news - Expensive repair!

Phone CaraTech a local mobile service repair guy at 9pm to see if he could come tomorrow to have a look and he said he would come round tonight - great service

Anyway, found the drip by turning on the gas burner and heating up the tank - when it gets hot a bead of water drips down the outside of the main tank from neat the top welded seal...he says he has seen similar caused by using stuff like Milton to clean them...

New part being ordered and repair will get done asap

Richard

5. Eddystone

Eddystone Funster

We have been warned off Milton too

6. Melvin

Melvin Funster

I had the same problem as you describe , the guy fixed mine by having it welded instead of replacing the part ,which I think saved me a lot of money .